Wed, Oct 2, 9:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: TOS Question

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 3:50 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 7:25 PM

7O8CSYLfSYRu0lxJhgldYFTeLIPcDhFnCbCWa8tR.png

the above is cut/pasted from the Terms of Service page...

i am wondering why, as users, we are disallowed to link to competing websites?

the confusion for me starts from the posting of the 'News' article posted by PJeditor on February 25,2024, which links, several times, to the Daz product Tara9...

Daz3D Introduces Tara9: Darkness Meets 3D Elegance

can someone tell me if the TOS now allows for linking?

thanks in advance

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 9:12 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We'll review it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

If it a link to an offsite competitor we will allow it in articles and forums so that members can know where to find the product. The forums are informational rather than commercial. 

Posting a direct link to Daz is not allowed in the galleries.

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 5:13 PM

uhnnn, well, ok, but that seems rather different than what is stated in the current TOS...

maybe someone really needs to update the TOS to accurately reflect the above information

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 5:26 PM

if i go by what was said above that addresses my original question, then, for example, it would be acceptable to post an image into a forum with active links to outside products used? or say, i stated, prior to the links, the caveat 'for informational purposes only', then that is perfectly within the bounds of the TOS... am i understanding the things correctly?

ie - active links to outsides products are fine anywhere on the site EXCEPT in the galleries, yes?

msansing ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 9:47 AM
Site Admin

We are in the process of reviewing and updating our TOS policies. 

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2024 at 10:49 AM · edited Fri, 15 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

great! thanks for the info...

might i suggest, while you are at it, consolidating the Gallery Policies so that the main TOS page also reflects policies that can be found HERE ?

i'm not saying remove them from the gallery upload page, but rather have those stay there, AND also stated within the main TOS page...

dunno if there are other policy pages floating around, stuffed in forums, or whatnot, but a clear, concise page that houses all policies would be most welcomed...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.