Sun, Sep 29, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: missing theater

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 6:52 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 1:07 AM

ok, where's the school theater I bought but cannot find to install? a detective mystery.  screenshots follow:

Tn4rAvojBsC40LQ20wNCDmOA8AbCuQZIMK6as2fS.pngFBtfbQ66Y6O8YUkXvb3HGo0x6TLsqL6pyMyG9Tgr.pngxE0aP6yWoa5PuCoqIyFbnm3AODAyEcYAlyxePgDj.png

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 7:00 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 7:00 PM

forgot to add PropshSefHDZyNmklcCMv8wp4Ly02uV4oQHSBiNC4U2mI.png. here:

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 8:09 PM
Online Now!

If Poser was open at the time of purchase, refresh the Poser Library.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 8:14 PM
Site Admin

You're looking here

You should be looking here

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 8:15 PM
Online Now!

Good one, RP.  I didn't notice the wrong tab.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 8:30 PM

I had a moment of hope, so I refreshed library and then looked at new purchases:

6jvHUiGIT6IS5Gqmai2lQjN4sIISMsWdc4m8BDR1.png

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 8:50 PM
Online Now!

Okay, did you download this file to your HD?

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 10:12 PM

Yes I showed it in downloads

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 10:28 PM

one thing amiss, maybe? the contents of the file aren't dark, they're grays8DQVfTM394vx0WObzjiZlS68OPjNd5M4MjJadNC.pnged out. is that usual?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 10:38 PM
Site Admin

That looks like it may be still zipped.

You will have to unzip it. I'm not sure what software Macs use for unzipping. But you will need to extract the content from the zip file like you have with other things, like the earpods we talked about.

If Poser was open when you made the purchase, you might need to hit the check for new purchases before it will show up on the purchases tab.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 6:14 AM

I’ll check on that. I wondered if something like that happened…

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 3:01 PM · edited Sat, 30 March 2024 at 3:03 PM
Forum Moderator

There was a bug that content zipfiles with the extension in all caps (.ZIP) wouldn't get unzipped.They were copied, as still zipped into the runtime folder.

This has since been fixed. Be sure you're on the latest version of Poser.

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 5:01 PM

I found school theater.pz3 file in props folder in runtime, where posed to be, I dull clicked on it and got a scene:

Y89JmfHFJgE7EI6dhBAivsjLhFM0KOVP62PzRsD9.pngyAAveHAtWsPz7jZCHh7G1AxjQVqsDq9EUeDJNLDN.png

now what???

drawn (with hands pressed together in thank you or prayer gesture)...

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 5:15 PM · edited Sun, 31 March 2024 at 5:15 PM

I searched for Greenpots the vendor of the invisible/missing theater and found lotsa stuff, but no theater?

mvRcJBolABpwfZUi5vHgqSIiah0RqAoud7TYmEtO.png

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 6:39 PM · edited Sun, 31 March 2024 at 6:40 PM
Online Now!

Unfortunately, the way this particular zip file was assembled, the file to load the entire scene is not within a Poser folder.  Look for a Schooltheater.pz3 file within that runtime folder; that file will load the entire scene.  Technically, the pz3 file should have been placed into the Scene Category of the Poser Library, but this set is old and created for an earlier Poser version.

Consult the readme documentation for further information.

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 7:04 PM

sayeth hborre;"Technically, the pz3 file should have been placed into the Scene Category of the Poser Library,"

yes, I found the pz3 file,

bdD1ExG7c7Q18yeeW7FLpGqHVlLryfvnOUiGGkrr.png

moved it to my desktop amongst screenshots, and am looking for the right place to drop it. Lots of Props folders around but you say Scenes is appropriate. How/where can I locate the right folder to drop the pz3 into? Or is that naive?

thanks, don

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 7:48 PM
Online Now!

No, you need to recreate a new folder for the scene file.  This has been a problem with vendors that provide a completed scene file with the prop files but fail to generate a proper Scene folder.  Again, some sets are dated and were created when Poser did not have a Poser Library Scene Category. 

Create a folder in the Scene folder and name anything you like.  Drop the scene file in that folder.  Make sure that the new folder exists in the same runtime as your prop files.

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 9:09 PM

Oh dear 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.