Sun, Sep 29, 12:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: WTH does this mean?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 4:49 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 4:06 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I bought LE Western garb for l'homme and am working on a crew of 3 and trying to alter their looks. but when I go to Materials and try to color their boots or jeans, I get this message. ? how fix?

drawn

PQE6QwzLE7lyWw8nN3H9EVNLKEcpPfSzuUmH38KA.png

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 4:57 PM

That means you don't have the right object selected when you are trying to apply the material.  

Make sure you select the boots first, and then apply the boots material to it. 

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 5:18 PM

you are absolootly correct! thanks, DCA

now can you help me with the darned hat? I put it on him but his hair pokes thru. I played with the controls and it doesn't get batter

zdLFSFq1Rnn3d8V10APBQwB8baZ1VvTMxmzjaKxq.png

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 5:21 PM

Some hairs just will not work with hats, even if you can size it via X Y Z it may make it too large in other areas. :(

In those cases I make 2 renders, one with hair and one without, and post working in PS to fix

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 6:05 PM

oh, I assume whomever makes this stuff would make at work... but the 2 renders is an interesting thought that would not have occurred to me, so thanks again.

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 8:21 PM
Site Admin

That hat wasn't made to go with a specific hair. It's hard to make things that work with every possibility. Imagine trying to make a hat that fit all of these correctly.

People will either use the morph brush or a magnet to squish the hair under the hat or fix it in post-work like Spookielilone suggested. I recommend the last one unit you get more comfortable with Poser

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 9:04 PM

"People will either use the morph brush or a magnet to squish the hair under the hat or fix it in post-work like Spookielilone suggested"

thanks for mentioning magnet or morph brush as possible alternatives. I'll study those and try them out in different situations.

drawn

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2024 at 12:24 AM
Site Admin

Maybe this can help.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2024 at 8:32 AM

oh yes now I remember seeing that before! thanks. I'll work with this...

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2024 at 9:15 AM

Excellent tutorial!

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2024 at 4:11 PM · edited Fri, 05 April 2024 at 4:11 PM

do the wonders ever cease? Now after I tried the morph tool without success, I find that this hair is left sticking out of his head and I don't know how to delete it. or I'll delete him and trust I have a replacement saved?

dxiSk3bRo2ghkQdjT2CXBuGvIeHa56meRDjsjGb04.png

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2024 at 4:28 PM

To whom does the hair belong to?  L'Homme?  If it is conforming hair, just unconform it from L'Homme and delete it.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.