Sun, Sep 29, 12:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: can't "locate" prop

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 2:46 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:03 PM

I have an onstage setup and I'm adding props. a few, table, etc. I was able to attach the legs and now I'm trying to color the large chair, which in the load items panel is labeled chair 2 but I can't put a material on it. keep getting message that there ain't no such material, etc. I see the chair but I can't get the program to recognize it. after I post this I'll try a restart, but...

drawn

nzC0aouh9QlkLGDphk1YFEWQVc1gWzTakdS2F5Ox.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 3:07 PM
Online Now!

You are trying to apply textures to a unique chair, but the names do not match.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 3:27 PM

I realize that, but I can't get the prop and its name, as given in the Props catalog, which is where the colors, materials, are also located, to match...? the table and another chair came right up from the same source, and both accepted colors, and could be located by the program, but not this chair???

this is difficult for me to explain but have I done a decent jot of it or not>

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 4:37 PM · edited Wed, 10 April 2024 at 4:37 PM
Site Admin

It's the internal material names that need to match. You can't change them.

The chair whose textures you are trying to use have these material zones.

The file will look for a zone called "body" and apply a certain texture to it (in this case a brown fabric). Then, it will look for a zone called "down" and apply a shader to that. If it can't find a material zone that it is supposed to use, it will give an error.

This triple pallet indicates it is made for a specific item and won't work for others. These files have an extension of Mc6

You need to find a material made for the armchair you want to use or find a generic shader that isn't made for anything specific.

They will have a single pallet in the corner. It has an extension of .mt5

I don't know what chair that is you are trying to use to know if it has any other shaders for it or where they would be located.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 6:21 PM

I just realized that the chair is “foreign ”to the other props, that’s what you were saying and I didn’t get it because they seemed to come from the same source. I gotta learn to really look at this stuff!

thanks again for being patient…

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 6:32 PM
Online Now!

The textures might not be listed in the Material Catalogue; instead, they could be MAT-Pose files located in the Pose Catalogue.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2024 at 7:52 PM
That’s both wonderful and stunning that things can lurk in different places,!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.