Sun, Sep 29, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: don't understand renders

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 7:00 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

finally got this guy where I want him, staring at the blonde who's showing off in play casting. he's got blue hair, supposedly, but the Superbly and Firefly renders vary. only firefly shows his hair blue, but then there's the problem of "granularity", which shows in the girl's face mostly. Is that due to a setting in Render Settings? How can I smooth it out?

EuLREevr3tFWk9XQnySzIOu8u8UcezOV70GUaPdp.pngQQc6G15rDOYTErciWSXaNsD8n2eaRejUXzxXXq4W.pngstop image super, lower is fire.  I like the bluer hair in fire, is there a way to get that color bolder in super render?

thanks for your thoughts.

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 7:11 PM
Online Now!

You will need to show us your render settings and the material room shaders for the hair.  Without visuals, it is impossible to determine what is happening.  Which render engine do you intend to use: Superfly or Firefly?  

There are a number problems in the renders you are providing.  The hair on the female is not fitting correctly, it is partially embedded into her head.  Is the hair a prop or a conforming figure specifically for her, and how did you apply it.  The skin texture on the male character is very bright and self glowing.  Again, without knowing what is happening in the material room, it is difficult to provide additional guidance.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 7:36 PM

I’ll get to work on those. Not really understanding them I’ve just let the factory settings slide. I’d rather use superfly

more later

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 7:39 PM

Thanks hb for pointing these things out. The girl was quickly thrown Together a few weeks ago. The hair I don’t know. Like a wig slapped on…

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 8:00 PM · edited Thu, 11 April 2024 at 8:00 PM
Online Now!

Preparation will either make or break an image. Even if your intention is to create a story revolving around the images you are rendering, you need to assemble your stage without distracting errors.  Unfortunately, this takes time, effort, and experimentation.  Regardless of which rendering engine you use, you need to learn how to use the Material Room efficiently to correct and/or enhance the textures to give you the best images possible.  I spend my time refining and tweaking materials and textures to get the results that satisfy my curiosity.  Below is an example of an image that I spent time refining.

Plw1LN3WIKeiOkPCom3CH126YXJPXxxlqNIPd2ke.png

He will be part of a bigger picture, but I am taking my time to get everything the way I am envisioning.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2024 at 8:09 AM

good advice, hb

I'll tell myself that,'

drawn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.