Wed, Sep 18, 6:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: A Bad Fit?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 7:53 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

What are these little barbs called and how do I get rid of them? Ugh. I went into the fitting room, "fitted" the clothing, and then created a conforming figure. As far as I could tell in the fitting room, everything looked fine and it seemed to go pretty well. Is it too late to make adjustments to the clothing now that it's been created? Thanks!

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 9:39 PM
Site Admin

What outfit and figure are you working with? Can you show us a screen shot of the problems?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

GaryChildress ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 11:22 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

0dlUi2RWWbJP3FWbZHeQ3y9W66jVQW6UjDpnkZZx.png

My bad, I forgot to post the pic. I'm using Poser 12, Mike 4, and a custom piece of clothing made with Wings3D that I'm trying to turn into a conforming figure by utilizing the fitting room. The clothing has been tesselated in Wings because I was getting some nasty looking polygon corruption. 

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 2:36 AM · edited Fri, 19 April 2024 at 2:40 AM

It's a vertice that's not being sufficiently included or weighted in the shoulder rig...

XLW8LuF0DmdQv850paYxte9vyEcw1hWVkt0D9GoX.png

To fix this, open the joint editor palette...

Rotate the Up-Down (zRotate) parameter for the shoulder so that the defect is showing.

Assuming that this is a weight mapped rig, with the up down settings in the joint editor selected via the dropdown, click the brush icon...

9rql38M2853JaBeiTPYwBFiqM0eGKjyVPfGT5DyI.png

Choose the add brush setting...

Gfbo9NLctRQhtr8fMIgHFwqhjiBHmsiVaH9Y4N6S.png

Gently stroke the vert into proper weight position...

9jSMjNlfXdGh5uqd0DzJivIYti33jJsOEHmrqAfn.png

BSnu5m0vMNUQGKU7sLvVItgIYaBJRIHfl1B0WcsU.png

FgjZh9hSFRySMTJP7xWvSRRLa8DVAct51j6RmRKB.png

Generally, the vert should be green when fully weighted. Once fixed close the joint editor.

If this is Poser traditional weights either scale up the falloff sphere to include the vert or increase the span of influence of the the green deformer arms to encompass the offending vert.

Sorry, perhaps there's a way to do this in the fitting room. I don't use it, I use the set up room and sculpt fits in an external sculpting app. In any case this is a job for the joint editor no matter the method.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.