Fri, Jun 28, 6:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 5:51 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: how fit jpeg into background?

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2024 at 2:35 PM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

I've got a theatre prop, piece and its back wall serves as background for the "play" actors.  but when I try to put a jpeg photo of an illustration on it, the photo imports as too big and only a part of it shows above the stage. I've cropped the photo but how can I shrink it proportionally so it will fit better? 

drawn66JE12E84YLXgY09RwPZJfUn8jzUFqkULlLZVNVd.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2024 at 3:29 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 3:29 PM
Site Admin

This can be tricky. It will depend on how the wall is UV mapped. (that's the layout of how to fit a flat image on a nonflat surface)

Here is a cube with an image and you can see the image doesn't fit on one side.

If I change the scaling, it fits sort of but the ground area is in the middle of the face

that is because the UV map for this cube looks like this

Each of these grids is one side. This means one of these grids is for the side of the cube we're looking at. The image would have to fit in that grid.

so your poser setup would look like this

Now the theater's back wall would need its own UV map. I don't know what that looks like and looking at the read me, it doesn't list templates being included. You might be able to open the back wall's current texture in Photoshop (or other 2d software) and use that as the template if you can figure out what section the wall is. Then save that as a new image and apply it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.