Mon, Sep 16, 11:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:29 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Tim Choate's open letter to the community

zaubermac ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 1:28 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 9:55 PM

Thank you for your email reponse to recent vendor changes.  I agree, there're a lot of new artists and this shift allows for more bandwidth to appreciate them.

I'm a little confused though.  Your letter made it sound like the 'other' site made an overt commercial gesture to these vendors?  My understanding from conversations on several other community sites was that this lastest shift was because of Renderosity changes to vendor promotions and commisions, especially related to exclusive content?

I'm trying to clarify, not start rumours, and as a business manager I get that sometimes things change.  I bring this up as an oppurtunity to hear your thoughts.  I've been a customer of both for nearly 2 decades; not picking sides.

Thank you for your time.

msansing ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 8:23 AM
Site Admin
zaubermac posted at 1:28 AM Mon, 20 May 2024 - #2987645

Thank you for your email reponse to recent vendor changes.  I agree, there're a lot of new artists and this shift allows for more bandwidth to appreciate them.

I'm a little confused though.  Your letter made it sound like the 'other' site made an overt commercial gesture to these vendors?  My understanding from conversations on several other community sites was that this lastest shift was because of Renderosity changes to vendor promotions and commisions, especially related to exclusive content?

I'm trying to clarify, not start rumours, and as a business manager I get that sometimes things change.  I bring this up as an oppurtunity to hear your thoughts.  I've been a customer of both for nearly 2 decades; not picking sides.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for reaching out with your question regarding the recent changes at Renderosity and the reasons behind some vendors leaving the platform.

We understand your concerns about the removal of exclusivity status and changes in promotions. Renderosity has always aimed to create a vibrant and supportive community for artists and vendors since our founding in 1999. Our commitment to nurturing new talent and providing a unique community experience often involves balancing various factors, including operational costs and market dynamics.

The decision to remove exclusivity status and modify our promotional strategies was made after careful consideration. Our goal is to foster a more open and competitive environment where vendors have the freedom to explore new opportunities and reach broader audiences. While this change may have influenced some vendors' decisions to add their products to other platforms, it also opens up possibilities for all artists to thrive in our marketplace.

Competition is indeed a double-edged sword; while it may lead to some vendors transitioning to other platforms, it also drives innovation and quality within the community. We believe that this healthy competition ultimately benefits both buyers and sellers by providing a diverse range of products and preventing monopolistic practices that could stifle creativity and growth.

We deeply appreciate your years of support and encourage you to continue exploring the incredible work of all of our artists. Their creativity and innovation are truly inspiring, and we are confident that Renderosity will continue to be a hub for artistic expression and collaboration.

Thank you once again for being a valued member of the Renderosity community.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 12:04 PM · edited Mon, 20 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

>>> Our goal is to foster a more open and competitive environment where vendors have the freedom to explore new opportunities and reach broader audiences.

Previous to this change, there were two options for adding products. Exclusive, or non-exclusive. So vendors already had the option to explore other opportunities if they so chose.

zaubermac ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 3:11 PM

Thank you for the considered responses.  I felt like this was a discussion happening outside of our community and that your views are important in leveling the dialog.  I think that Renderosity is a great place to grow as a vendor, providing a reasonable platform for exposure.  My experience elsewhere has been large, convoluted sales that involve thousands of items and are so complicated to navigate and so short in duration that I skip most of them.  It's just not worth the time to figure out the current gamified promotion.  I suspect that vendors may not find it an upgrade to be aggregated so deeply in these offers.  I've seen almost no mention of them since the jump.  I hope it works out, I like their work, but this is still my favorite place to shop.

Thanks again

msansing ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 9:06 AM
Site Admin
zaubermac posted at 3:11 PM Mon, 20 May 2024 - #4485072

Thank you for the considered responses.  I felt like this was a discussion happening outside of our community and that your views are important in leveling the dialog.  I think that Renderosity is a great place to grow as a vendor, providing a reasonable platform for exposure.  My experience elsewhere has been large, convoluted sales that involve thousands of items and are so complicated to navigate and so short in duration that I skip most of them.  It's just not worth the time to figure out the current gamified promotion.  I suspect that vendors may not find it an upgrade to be aggregated so deeply in these offers.  I've seen almost no mention of them since the jump.  I hope it works out, I like their work, but this is still my favorite place to shop.

Thanks again

Thank you very much for that positive feedback and your continued support! We really appreciate it. 

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2024 at 4:02 AM

This is still my 'go to' place for DS content, has been for a couple of decades. ;)

What I like is the relatively clear sales promotion information provided.

Other outlets don't make it anywhere near as straightforward to prioritise purchases.

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.