Mon, Sep 30, 1:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 6 Wine CHOOSEPIXELFORMAT error

notadev255 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:29 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 1:19 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm a little new, literally just created this profile to ask for assistance since I am losing my mind trying to figure out this issue. If anyone could please assist, or at least guide me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

I purchased Poser 6 physical disc and was playing around with it for the past week. Now, I am getting an error message when it is attempting to open up.

Things I've done:

1.) ran sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade on system, something I do every week never had an issue yet

2.) removed winehq-devel and instead installed wine-stable

3.) verified that mesa-utils and intel graphics drivers are up-to-date

4.) found an adjacent fix (the only thing regarding the error message when running a google search) about sketchup7, but I do not see Poser 6 or Curious Lab in .wine/drive_c/Windows/regedit.exe HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Has anyone had opengl issues like this before and can help with what I'm missing? Thank you much in advance.EC8WczjjlTNalj2HHkCdEkl1u7BLlcno9182NOOj.png

notadev255 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:39 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:40 PM

~$ glxinfo|grep "OpenGL version"

OpenGL version string: 4.2 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.2

~$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel

xserver-xorg-video-intel is already the newest version (2:2.99.917+git20210115-1).

I had also uninstalled and re-installed Poser 6 from disc, figuring it might be an issue with a setting I may have changed or config pointer. Still getting error on fresh install.

notadev255 ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 12:43 AM

Update: I swapped drives and installed a fresh OS (Xubuntu LTd) and winehq-devel. Still receiving this error. Is anyone available to guide me in the right direction? Thank you.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:23 AM
Site Admin

Sorry, I no longer have Poser 6 and I'm not even sure what OS that is.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

tim ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 10:21 AM
Site Admin

Best chance at a solution on that is probably to open a support ticket at https://support.posersoftware.com.

Even then, it is a very old version of Poser running on Windows emulation on Linux/Ubuntu, so not sure what's possible.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.