Sun, Sep 22, 8:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Burning Cigarette (w.i.p)

FATfoe ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 8:04 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:24 PM

file_175261.jpg

Suggestions?........ Comments?..... A friend of mine said this render is flawless. Does he speak the truth?

Izuel ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 8:51 AM

Nice shaders. To be more realistic, i suppose you could put a small pile of ashes around the burning end. looks good as is tho.

FATfoe ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 9:44 AM

I'M REALLY INTERESTED IN HOW LONG PEOPLE THINK IT TOOK ME TO MAKE THIS.

Izuel ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 10:41 AM

I would geuss 2-3 hours.

rockjockjared ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 1:57 PM

are we supposed to consider the program crashing too??? If so I'd say about a week :)

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 3:10 PM

I don't think this would take very long. The trick is in the texture and if you had that all figured out in your head before you started, it looks reasonably straight forward. Maybe this is a good challenge? I'd say an hour. -Kix

-Kix

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 5:05 PM

file_175262.jpg

Sure enough. It's about an hour.

-Kix

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2001 at 10:11 PM

In truth, it's about 2 minutes to model and about 20 minutes to shade. I tried using particles for the smoke but abandoned them. That cost me about 40 minutes fussing with that before I surrendered to some spline smoke. I don't have the flare that Fat put into the model but I only spent a speck of time on it. Fat has quite a few more details which flesh out the model much better than my crude stab. -Kix

-Kix

FATfoe ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2001 at 8:12 AM

In all honesty, it took me about 5 hours, of which the normal couple of hours was spent dealing with and working around Carrara's own stupidity.(and Im only 18 :P )

thee_immortal_one ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2001 at 12:25 PM

Only a suggestion but the burning end is to clean, burning should be uneven with ashes.

mf193 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 3:13 PM

That's really excellent Fat. I think the light comimg out should be a little less bright, but that amazing nonetheless. If u dont mind emailing me at mf193@hotmail.com and telling me the basics of doing it. Just astonishing. GREAT WORK

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.