Mon, Sep 9, 4:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Texture map regions lost in Poser?

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2001 at 7:39 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 11:33 AM

Some object file I import into Poser have multiple texture regions and others don't, even when the obj itself has separate meshes in UVMapper and if I open it in Rhino. Now that I am trying to learn myself how to use Rhino and UVMapper for Poser I can't seem to figure out how to assign the texture regions so they appear in Poser's material editor. Even I 'paint-brush' recently downloaded that came with multiple textures opens up with only 1 texture region in Poser? Can some one please point out what I am failing to see? Thanks all.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2001 at 11:48 PM

You need to familiarize yourself with the wavefront OBJ format. The OBJ format used by poser is basically ascii text format. The groups and materials are defined together like this: g head usemtl skin "usemtl skin" is the material for the group "head". Open a poser figure's base OBJ file in a text editor and have a look around. -Jeff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.