Mon, Oct 21, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Celeb Characters - Any Joni Mitchell Fans here?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 9:00 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:20 AM

I've wanted to ask this question for a long time. I find her face fascinating. I've spent hours trying to get it right (with tons of pics from the 60's to the 90's) with no real luck. In fact, I got the character 'Ru' because she looked somewhat like her (i.e. the tiny overbite, etc). If you're a fan and you've seen the Hijera album (yes, long ago there were record albums) then you know what a looker she can be. Based on Victoria of course...

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 9:56 PM

Actually I like Pheobe Snow's face too, quite unique. And Carly Simon too. Have you got any front facial shots of her? Marque

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 11:37 PM

Her face is most memorable for those lovely high cheekbones. :) BTW, a slight overbite is extremely useful for eating corn-on-the-cob and fried chicken neatly. Carolly

sparrowheart ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 4:11 AM

I have always thought Joni was beautiful She has a very strong face, but at times there is a wistful quality to it that makes it very endearing. What I recall most about the sixties and seventies was that people looked like people. There was individuality to them. Musicians mostly did not look like models. Showing my age, I guess. But I am proud to be someone who remembers having photos from The White Album on her bedroom wall ;) I hope we can all see Joni when you have her finished, BillyGoat. Take care! Kimberly

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 4:47 AM

Hi there, D'mentia ia working on a "Cher" face morph that would be perfect for Joni. I've seen the morph and the features are extrememy adaptable with a different texture. She posted a previeww in the gallery called "I got you Babe" Hope this helps, Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 9:46 AM

I didn't think i'd get an answer... Glad i'm not the oldest here, lol! Yes, Carly is another one that is good. I can't remember who did the Mariah Carey character - but it reminded me a little of Carly. I have the Cher morph - but haven't tried it yet. Joni is very special - I taught myself guitar after hearing her haunting voice. I was hoping one of the 'Character Gurus' out there might give it a try... I can't get her jawline and nose right. But I will say, if 'Ru' is still available in the freestuff, go grab her. She's interestng and comes with lots of goodies.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 9:54 AM

BillyGoat I've played 12-string since I was 17, also self taught...lol All just a bunch of hippies I guess. Marque

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2001 at 12:01 PM

Hey Marque - I can only look at my original Ovation (elect/acoustic) these days... sniff, sniff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.