Sun, Sep 15, 5:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: copyright query

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 3:15 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:08 AM

Can someone help me. I know that any figures,models ,tex's etc I download are copyrighted, but what about the images I create from them? I have had an enquiry about some images that previously I have only given to family and friends as image files (bmps jpgs or similar) If I did manage to sell any of these images in these formats would I be infringing any copyrights. I never expected to generate this sort of enquiry so have not looked into this matter before. As someone who has only been using poser 4 for about 6 months I am very flattered, and surprised but now need info. I don't eeven have a web site or web pages yet.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Evanara ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 1:00 PM

As far as I know , all images you create belong to you (you own the copyright) . Most (if not all) items available for free can be used for your own work without requirering the creator's approval (it's nice to mention who did what , though , when distributing the image) . However , if you create an image for commercial purposes, you must ask the authorization from the object's creator if you want to include the object in your work. Check the readme file included with the object , the 'license terms' are often included .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.