Sat, Aug 3, 5:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: The Lady of the Pond (follow up on import from poser)

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 9:19 PM ยท edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Follow the URL for a bigger version

file_190909.jpg

Here is a character that caused me a lot of trouble to import from poser. I had to remove her jewelry and a few other props to import her into vue. For some reason, even after successfully importing her, this scene caused vue to crash repeatedly as I was working on it : graphic corruptions on the interface and the material thumbnails, crashed when opening the material summary, corruption of the saved file AND the backup (I lost about 4 hours worth of work and started over). The result looks like I imagined but I am wondering if I am not going to wait for a patch now :)

tesign ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 11:48 PM

Great image Agiel!!!...about the problems you are encountering with Vue..Vue 4? I'm having the same similar problem you mentioned. Pretty disappointing. Guess its all much depend on what we are doing. Got this funny GUI problem where all other icon and images appearing at the left bottom window each time I open up Vue 4 the first time. A "minimize" to Window and "restore" get it to clear. Funny I thought...I'm using 3D LAB VC with latest driver.

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 12:16 AM

Great image, Laurent! (I especially like the crown on her head, minor but nice!) The problems you encountered are likely due to the extreme geometry of this figure (it began as Vicky2, right?) Objects with extreme morphs seem to cause trouble, along with the combination of UVmapped and nonUVmapped objects. Bill, have you reported the "funny GUI" problem to E-on's support? First I've heard of an effect like that one. Have you tried reinstalling? :)

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 4:30 AM

Vicky 2 must be a very unusual character in it's morphs. It made VueMaster choke too (which handled everything else with aplomb by the way). It has odd things in it's codeing I'm told. That probably has a lot to do with it. As models get more involved and complicated it's likely to cause problems in the furture. Laurie

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:10 AM

I think it's just all our damn computers and individula setips, registry's etc... I haven't had Vue 4 crash yet. VueMaster won't choke on a Vicki 2 cr2 for me. Then again, when I use a V2 character as a Poser Pz3 import, I lose my transparency info, but with a regular Vicki 1, all is well, and transparencies render perfectly in Vue with NO adjustments at all. And someone had said I would have to. shrug On the other hand, evidently oyther peoples' QT VR will eork, while mine and Martins' won't. My Schefflera won't work, but Martin's will, while his "Long Grass" has been mowed down, but mine is growing strong. The list could go on and on and as I experiment, I'm sure it'll offer even more mysterious contradictions.... vue funny sometime, but these damn compu-boxes are even funnier! ;) And hey, Agiel, that picture is sooo cool! :) -Mike

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:29 AM

Daniel and Martin and I went back and forth trying to get the Vicky 2 problem fixed Mike :). At first she wouldn't import into VueMaster at all, then she'd import with no textures. He eventually got it all figured out and she imports fine now (at least for me, textures and all, except transparency of course ;)). Maybe you bought it after that? Laurie

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:35 AM

Hi Laurie, I never bought Vue Master. Actually, dan gave it to me for free. Did he ever tell you who's idea it was for that app originally? ;) I still have my first version of Vue Master, which used a render of mine in the interface...one of my very first Vue renders, for that matter. This was around November of 2000. Then I got extremely busy and wasn't able to assist in further testing much, but evidently he had found good testers anyway. I did test some, but I was severely limited in time. But, Dan gave me the latest versions all the time anyway. Great guy, Dan is. :)

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 7:57 AM

Yep, he is :) Laurie

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 8:06 AM

Thanks for the comments.... just one question : what is Vue Master ? First time I hear of it. Mike, I also had some problem with transparency and poser imports. Some materials turn out with a transparency of 50% or 0% when then had 100% in poser.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 8:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.zenwareonline.com/

Hi agiel, Check the URL I have uploaded. Vue Master takes a Poser scene and turns it into a .obj, complete with image file paths, which a .mtl file will not store, and it eliminated the need for having to have the textures in the same folder as the .obj. It also converts Poser .bum files into .bmp files for Vue to read.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.