Mon, Oct 21, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: More info needed about UV mapping

mudhouse ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 12:15 PM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 7:58 AM

When a bitmap is applied to an object from within Vue4, the bitmap does not rotate to stay aligned with the object when the object is rotated. If a .3ds object is brought into Vue and a bitmap then applied, it will rotate and so will stay aligned with the object. As a newcomer, Im thinking this is a UV map that came in with the 3ds file. Yes? Is there a way to apply the UV map (if that is what it is) so that the bitmaps stay attached to the objects from inside Vue? There is no mention I can find of UV in the User Guide index and I dont recall reading about it there. Thanks, MUD

tesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 12:50 PM

If you import obj into Vue and want to picture map it, give a "-" sign (without the ") to your "Y" value in the "picture scale". Funny that Vue 4 still has this problem with obj.

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 1:47 PM

Vue 4: Open the material editor for that object, and in the upper righthand corner, there's a drop-down selection for orientation. Choose the "Object - Standard", and the material (whether an image map or procedural) will rotate with the object. :) (To solve the same problem in prior versions, open the Material Editor for the material and select "Object Space" at the upper part of the window.)

mudhouse ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 3:15 PM

OK, now that choice makes sense. Thank you very much. By the way, is it "UV" that we are talking about here? Is that what UV does? Silly beginner that I am..... MUD

Varian ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:49 AM

Actually, Mud, I don't know. Sometimes it's about UV and sometimes it isn't. For instance, the same "object space"/"object standard" applies if you are using a simple primitive object, and that certainly doesn't have any UV coordinates. Usually if an item is UVd, world space doesn't affect the mapping, but there are probably exceptions to that, too. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.