Mon, Oct 21, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Harmless Fun ( hopefully)

stu-art ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:44 AM

i wish someone would do a nude woman with really large breasts and post it in the gallreys the p4woman is so flat chested

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:47 AM

I need some morphs that make the Poser kids look like a pair of laughable wooden dolls.

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:19 AM

I'm doing an image of a boating accident and would like to know how to make the Poser figures' arms look like they've been cranked out of the socket and twisted into Twizzlers by a yeti.

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:24 AM

I don't mean to be critical, but too many of the facial morphs available for Posette have realistically proportioned noses. Anyone out there have a female head morph with a microscopic concave nose?

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:27 AM

Damn it Daz !! us Propac users have waited Long enough When are you releasing Barney-II ??????

My website

YouTube Channel

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:36 AM

file_191018.jpg

Can someone help me out here? I'm creating a model of legendary Doors lead singer Jim Morrison for a wholesome online Christian children's educational comic. On the left is my model. how can I get him to look more like the real Jim Morrison (pictured on the right).

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:38 AM

"I am Perfectly willing to admit that the* krack*, that enables me to run my bootleg copy of MAX is most likely preventing my propac plugin from working properly"

My website

YouTube Channel

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:40 AM

Could someone show me how to make the Poser figures look like they're having sex?

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:44 AM

Here's a link to my Poser .avi animation of War and Peace. It only took me about ten minutes.

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:08 AM

I need a butt-naked faerie model. Any ideas where I can find one?

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:10 AM

I don't really have a question. I just started using Poser about 2 hours ago and I already know everything about it. If you have any questions, feel free to draw on my wisdom.

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:15 AM

The thing that impresses me most about Poser is your ability to create an entire complete universe with the few simple props included. With selective, judicious use of the cane, torus and Poser frog, I had constructed a highly detailed replica of ancient Carthage.

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:42 AM

The Poser cat looks just like my cat! That's why I had it put to sleep.

davidm ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:43 AM
  1. How do I load Word Docs into the Document Window? 2) Why does the menu bar not include a snack? (Perhaps a sandwich?) 3) When I click the UI Memory Dots my memory doesn't improve 4) Why doesn't the Poser guy scream when you switch off his genitals? 5) When I use the Twist tool, the figure never dances. 6) Do spotlights show up warts and stuff? 7) When you get figures from the library, how come they never have a book? 8) Do I need a builder to make a walk path? 9) Do I need a bump map to find bumps? 10) Who do people in the High Street look at me funny when I say, "I'm looking for Poser underwear?..." Dave :-)

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:48 AM

What's with you guys? Enough of the Impressionist painter characters! How many Manets and Monets do I have to wade through? What about some Dutch Masters or Dadaists? I could use an Andre Breton with large breasts for my series of pictures featuring 20th century Surrealists strapped into cruel milking machines (viewable now at Renderotica).

mi-scha ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 10:02 AM

There aren't enough faerie pics in the gallery. I want more pics with cute faeries. There should be a law: you have Poser, you have to do faerie pics!

stu-art ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 10:33 AM

heres a figure i made look like chrome in bryce stu-art

stu-art ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 10:46 AM

heres a figure i made look like chrome in bryce comments please stu-art

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 10:50 AM

I wanna be a poser master everybody wants to be a star c'mon and be a poser master you too can reach that far it's a whole new forum we live in and a gallery for us all just open up your poser and you too can be a big star I wanna be a poser master so I'm gonna reach that star I'm gonna go and post that nude pic and everyone will notice my art Gotta post em all! Gotta post em all! Gotta be a poser master, gonna wow them all! (sung to the tune of "I wanna be a Pokemon Master")

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 10:57 AM

file_191019.jpg

Out of all the amazingly realistic models which come with Poser 4, I have to say the lion is by far my favorite, because he's just so *real* looking! Well, the wolf is a strong contender, but I'd say the angel fish is the next best after the lion.

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:50 PM

personally, i don't see why everyone gripes about the way Posette's joints look when you bend them.....take a look at your own knees, for example....bend your shin til your calf touches your thigh......see??? the calf disappears into the thigh, and your knee flattens out completely...... --------------------------------------------------- one thing that really impresses me about Poser is the natural look of the neck when the head is tilted back or twisted......i've noticed that whenever i look to one side or the other, this big thingy bulges out of my neck, just like my Poser peoples.......... --------------------------------------------------- i deeply appreciate the fact that Curious Labs had the foresight to assure them that no one would EVER want to change the bodies of the Poser peoples, and create the clothes accordingly.....i mean, what a waste of time, creating clothing that would conform to the body once morphs are applied, e.g. Nerd's EMC items........ --------------------------------------------------- is there a morph out there.......somewhere.......that will bend Poser peoples' hands in a manner that suggests that they don't have actual wrists?????

TheWolfWithin ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:57 PM

i don't care what the rest of the people on this thread say......using this forum to post a WIP image of a nude Posette strapped to giant sex toy, smeared in peanut butter with a lamp up her butt while a rottwieler in a spiked leather harness humps her leg is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE......

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 2:15 PM

I love how models that take me hours or days to complete only half-appear when I import them to Poser. I appreciate how all that work is quickly made to appear like a half-assed job.

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 2:19 PM

file_191020.jpg

3) Looking for a tuxedo for the daz gremlin Something like this? ;-}

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 2:25 PM

All dressed up but nowhere to go? Which reminds me, I'm getting mighty sick of seeing Poser people rendered all dressed up formally, and I think it's about time someone sets a new trend with renders of Poser people in more casual, and less formal settings. If I see yet another rendition of The Dutch Masters, I think I will be sick. Let's see some nudity, already!

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 2:28 PM

I have to say, post #107 is about to give me severe abdominal cramping from laughing so hard!

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 2:37 PM

I love the way Poser loads up so quickly and has everything in place before I can even click on the mouse button. And the compression of the libraries! Well, it's just amazing how every thing manages to fit in two or three categories!! It's so well organized. Kate (trying reallllly hard to keep a straight face)

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 2:48 PM

Hey, can people please start posting larger pictures? Come on, some of us have cable modems and appreciate all the 10Mb bitmap pictures we can find. Can we have more 2000 x 2000 pictures? I love scrolling all over to see the entire picture. And what's with all these .zip files? I'd rather download the uncompressed 850Mb file to make sure it comes out alright.

edriver ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 3:02 PM

I've been searching everywhere for a much needed image. I'm in desperate need of a wireframe image with white lines against a gray paper background of a girl hanging from a trapese by her legs. If anyone could please direct me to a program that includes such an image that I may do a screen capture of it I would be forever in their debt.

Valandar ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 3:04 PM

ROFL at Crescent.... you actually did a tuxedo for the gremlin? o.o Or is that post work?

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 3:09 PM

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the parameter dials? I don't need that sort of high precision and would just rather use the trackball thingies to position my lights and cameras.

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 3:52 PM

Can someone tell me why poser has those tools and all that distracting decoration? I find using a mouse pointer is just fine, I can drag those legs apart and pull her arms up no problem....

stu-art ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 5:27 PM

heres one i made look like glass im thinking of doing a tut anybody intrested

Kolschey ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:03 PM

I want to do a scene where there are like fifty SWAT type futuristic police guys running throught this sort of Blade Runner Gothic Neo-Tokyo style environment hunting down this morphing alien type thing. I've got a few questions 1. Why doesnt Poser have things like explosions, laser blasts, steam, fog, radiation, physics, collision detection, artificial intelligence, cupholders, sound editing, a cure for Cancer, remote control for all of my household appliances, satellite eye view for modelling objects in foriegn countries, and a hi res nude model of that awsome Borg Babe from Star Trek;Voyager? 2. Howcome the Sudios haven't called me back yet? I think my idea is completely different from anything they've seen in movies or television or comic books. Maybe they haven't got to the point in the script where the renegade cop's voluptuous girlfiend gets captured by the morphing alien. That'll make em sit up and take notice! By the way, does anybody have some sort of superpowerful gun that the hero cop can use with a lasersight, a missle launcher with an actual missle, and shell casings that can be expelled when he shoots...preferably in freesuff? Also, I think that Ultravicky 3 would be awsome for the girlfriend, if I just make the boobs bigger. Too bad she costs actual money. I'm wondering if somebody could...(Message Deleted by Administrator. User Bugwitz has been Warned for Warez requests) 3. (12 months later) I HATE THAT STUPID ULTRAPROPACK! THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE A GOOD ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, BUT IT KEEPS CRASHING! GOOD THING I DIDN'T ACTUALLY PAY FOR...(Message Deleted by Administrator. User Bugwitz has been Banned for Warez requests)

BAM ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:57 PM

Wow, P5 actually supports the right mouse button! I want to thank all the artists for clearly identifying in their readme what model they've contributed and the terms of use. You want which model (texture, prop)? Gee it's easy to find with this great folder/file structure. ERC and the two figure problem? Oh CL fixed that problem in their latest patch.

BAM ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:40 PM

Hey Willow, welcome back. Hey CL, thanks for taking the time to correct the bugs before releasing the software. No really, you can have my serial number. That's what this community is here for. Why can't DAZ care about its customers? With the new file directory structure it's so easy to back up my work. Boy this version of Poser is so snappy. No more waiting!

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:59 PM

We don't need no stinking Specularity or true Reflectivity! Poser's reflection maps are just absolutely stunning! Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

JKeller ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 9:52 PM

Poser 5 wishlist: I wish they would implement some sort of device that will scan my hard drive for personal information and transmit it to CL headquarters so they can sell it to marketing firms. Okay I am just going to render this 480 frame, high-res, Bryce animation with transparency, volumetrics and -- oh, it's done. Hey, RadArt... did you know there's a Compaint & Debate forum here? The quality of characters just went downhill when Poser 3 was released. I need a joint-controlled-morph that makes Posette's butt blimp out when she bends over. The wedge cut on Mike? Now that would be new.

Mason ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 10:40 PM
  • Not enough dragons. We need more dragons and more textures for dragons! * Why doesn't anyone do characters of Sarah Michelle Geller, Dana Scully, Lara Croft, Princess Lea and Brittney Spears that way someone else can redo them as Vicki figures. * I hate Morph Manager, UV Mapper, Compose etc... What were you people thinking? If CL wanted those features they'd be in Poser. * Human hands are locked straight flat in real life and human feet never bend at the toes. There just aren't enough realistic flat hand and foot poses in the gallery. * There are too many old, fat, ugly fairies wearing baggy clothes. I want little girl fairies. * My Poser renders so fast it creates the picture before I start the program. Damn it all. * At least Poser 2 had low and high render selections. Now that's flexibility folks. * Where's the "Make Art" button?

visualkinetics ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 2:24 AM

file_191021.jpg

I use to be one of those pathetic people who went about rendering artwork, posing characters, and have library icons which were actually useful. Now I get to spend the whole day guessing which hair is which in my hair library. It's so much fun to check out all the bald previews. Thank you Curious Labs, looking for other great interface improvements in the next version!

xvcoffee ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 8:17 AM

Wow man! Heavy! I just got my free illegal Vicki 2 character from my favourite warez site and Im looking forward to many hours, days, nay weeks of chatting about it on the Renderosity Poser forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ringbearer ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 8:45 AM

I love the Poser file structure. It's so easy to know where everything goes. I love the way Poser can find my object file, even if it's buried 14 sub-directories down. Where can I get the P4NudeWom.obj?

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 11:28 AM

Is this the correct forum for my topic?

egaeus ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 12:01 PM

file_191022.jpg

Recently brokered by Daz! Naughtier than my saucy poses for the Poser dolphin.

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 1:43 PM

Now you went and ruined the surprise plot in Jurassic Park III. Shame on you.

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 1:47 PM

file_191023.jpg

Due to reasons of a technical nature, Super Model Ogre will not be available for quite some time. However, the standard Ogre is now available in the MarketPlace which is quite sufficient for all of your high-fantasy creature scenes. My apologies to everyone waiting for this product to complete their high-fashion catwalk scenes (Okay, I actually did post this at one point, but I thought it fit)

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 1:47 PM

We should save our collective creative satiric juices for our own sites, say, every April 1st. I could put some alternate definitions of beauty in the Head Shop, for example...

xvcoffee ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 4:29 PM

Neither of the first or second Vickys seem to have a front-one. The site I bought them from can no longer be contacted, could someone who isnt RCOOK please help?

RadArt ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 11:10 PM

JKeller wrote.... [Hey, RadArt... did you know there's a Compaint & Debate forum here?] Um no, not at all??? Thanks for enlightening me....;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.