Sat, Aug 3, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 3:21 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara will be great

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 1999 at 6:06 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 10:35 AM

Hi Team, have seen a beta of Carrara at DigiMedia Germany. It looks real good for this moment. As I saw it will be easy to use. The UI is Poser like and there will be my favorite tool - the trackball. The Metaball modeler looks cool too. I think Carrara will be a fantastic new toy for 3D modelers. Cant wait to see the final relese. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 1999 at 2:31 AM

MC told me that Carrara will be a complete new tool. There will be some tools from RDS and InfiniD but MC told me that Carrara is a new Prog. Sorry, can't tell you where you can find some tutorials but you can try the Tutorials-Link on the right. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

matlock ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 1999 at 4:09 PM

Well I dunno - if worse comes to worst it will be an Amorphium clone - and Amorphium, whatever their high-price Marketing sez, is sheer bullshit. Well I sure hope Carrara is a LOT better, cant wait to try ! Still, I know a wholotta progs, professional ones, and ahm kinda harda impress. Do it, MC ! Just say yes, ya know?

Dr Zik ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 1999 at 9:21 PM

Hi Folks! IMHO, Carrera will only be good if it brings into it some of the intuitive and pleasurable ease-of-use that marked so many of the old Specular products, such as Infini-D, LogoMotion, and TextureScape, all of which I still use. Although I began my experience in 3D computer graphics with Ray Dream Designer, by version 4 I had lost patience with the program. I never really mastered the use of channels, and just barely got the hang of shaders. The single-window interface made precision placement difficult until I customized itto four views in v5 of RDS. In contrast, I learned Infini-D in under four hours. This is not a knock on MetaC: I use Bryce and poser and I get along with their interfaces just fine. This is simply an expression of hope that the spirit of Specular and what made its products so much fun to use and teach will not die. Peter (Dr. Zik)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.