Sun, Sep 15, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: posting an image:- help please

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 1:27 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:58 AM

Probably another silly question, but can I upload an image for you nice people out there to comment on when I do not have a website or web page? If so what format should I use, and what size. At present I have it stored as a psd 1000x1000 and a bmp 600x600.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Lemurtek ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 1:37 AM

Images with lots of color should be saved as JPG, if you're using Photoshop, make sure you turn off the 'image preview' in the JPEG saver. If you have Photoshop 6, use the 'save for web'. Black and white or Cartoon images with few colors might look better saved as GIF. I think the limit here in the forums is 200KB, and in the gallery is 512KB. For the gallery, it's nice to have a thumbnail. I generally use 200x200, either I crop out a section and save it, or just shrink the whole image. You don't need the image on a website, just use the upload function, use the browse button and find the picture on your hard drive and renderosity will upload it for you. In the gallery it's similar, but more elaborate, you can enable ratings and/or coments, add your opwn comments etc. Regards- Lemurtek

stu-art ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 8:48 AM

yes you can upload an image if you dont have site or page use the browse button to locate the image on your hard drive as for format save the image as a jpeg in photoshop then in the file menu choose optimise for web thumbs can be 200 by 200 pixels but must be no more than 15kb again optimise for web and use the quality slider to make it 15kb happy posting stu-art

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.