Tue, Oct 22, 1:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: A Michael poser

raven ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2001 at 7:57 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:13 PM

Sorry for the bad pun, but is anybody having trouble with Daz's Michael in Vue4? He imports fine but his eyebrows and eyelashes don't appear correctly. I can get Victoria in ok, even in Anton's fantasy changing suit, but Mikey won't play ball :(. I'm using Vue without the beta patch. Other than that, I love it!!

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2001 at 8:14 PM

There's a tutorial on Renderosity under the Vue section that deals with how to fix Mike's eyebrows, eyelashes and eyes. I was having the same problem and the tutorial fixed those areas for me. I'm still having problems with the hair though. There isn't a transmap loaded for the hair and when I load it by following the same method in the tutorial for the eyebrows, parts of the hair disappear that should be there. From memory, these were the steps I followed. I selected the hair model and opened the texture editor. I set the global transparency to 100% I turned off cast shadows and check variable transparency. I changed to map function? (can't remember the right name) and loaded my hair transmap. But like I said parts of the hair disappear. For example, the wedge cut looked like a bad barber had buzzed him down the middle and I'm sure I didn't choose the bald map. Do I need to invert the transmap? Can you do this in Vue? Or do I have to do that in Photoshop? Any suggestions? Thank.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2001 at 11:02 PM

Yes you can invert the trans map, in the Transparency Production box, double click on the Transparency filter and then select the "Invert" filter from the Other Filters collection.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 7:16 AM

I was relying on the pz3 import feature, but shall now instead revert back to .obj import, especially as Vue4 now allows you to search for textures at the time of import (like Bryce). Expect a pic soon :) Thanks all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.