Mon, Oct 21, 10:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: aher question...about focal points

Calseeor ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2001 at 1:08 PM ยท edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 1:41 PM

Hey again... I am a bit lost on the concept of focal point ( I think). :) Say I have a tree in the middle of my picture. I want the tree to be in perfect focus but the rest of the scene to be blurred...how do I do that? I have read bits and pieces in the manual..but I am lost. So far, I do it in post work, but that looks kinda crappy. Can I render it with the effect I want? Thank you, Eryk the Baffled

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 02 August 2001 at 2:19 PM

Hi Eryk, Select the camera, then set the Blur amount -- try it first with a small amount, like 5%. When you set Blur, you'll see additional lines show up in the viewports. Fiddle with the focal length, and those lines will move closer or further from the camera. Align it so that your tree fits into the middle of the "block area" formed by the new camera lines -- this should make more sense when you're actually looking at it. When lines up, everything within the "block area" will be in focus, and everything outside it will be blurred by the 5% worth. Hope this helps. :)

Calseeor ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 8:06 AM

GREAT! Thanks Varian...I will play with this. (sorry I took so long to respond, I just noticed your reply. Renderosity didn't mail me that you had replied). Again, a thousand thanks!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.