Tue, Oct 22, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Which Painter, Painter 3D or PhotoShop?

OneShot ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 1999 at 11:27 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:21 AM

I'm a newbie to 3D art. I've been trying to figure out if I need Painter or not? In most of articles that I've seen Artist seem to use Painter #, Painter 3D or PaintShop Pro. I do have PhotoShop and Painter 3D SE. Which program do you use to paint texture for 3D and why not PhotoShop?

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 1999 at 3:09 AM

As I see you have all you need to make textures and good 3D Artworks. I'm using PhotoShop to make my textures and post work on my images. I don't have Painter 3D so I can't say if its good for making textures but some people said its a good tool. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 1999 at 5:36 AM

If it helps any, I have done all my texture and 2d work in Photoshop.

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 1999 at 10:02 AM

Photoshop can do all you need. But Painter 3D also can help if you can't figure out the UV mapping. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 1999 at 10:46 AM

heya; depends on what tool that you can use to do the painting job. i, myself, am more native to 'shop than painter, although i have both. basically, you can paint texture maps in anything, so dont sweat it. :)

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 1999 at 11:25 AM

Allerleirauh; You are 100% right. Painter Rocks as what it can do! When I an working with Traditional work it is the only way to go! Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.