Sat, Aug 3, 11:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Another Undies Set

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 12:02 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:14 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: 3D Grafx Online

file_117543.JPG

Hi Team, here is Set #2 of the undies series I'm working on. Its now available at FreeStuff. Enjoy it and have a lot of fun. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 12:09 PM

You are doing great work. I have a request, though. Will you lower the quality on the JPG's you post here? The file size of what is up now is huge compared to the pixel size, and take forever to download. From my experience, if you save at 60% to 70% quality, the pictures look just as good, and the file size and download time is greatly reduced. Thanks

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 12:51 PM

Hi, this set is only b/w so I dont reduce the JPG quality. The filesize is only 165K. Some other textures I reduce to 70% i.e. for HiRes textures. Chris

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 1:04 PM

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I am refering to the rendered picture above, the rendered pictures in the other forum posts and the thumbnails in the funstuff. I didn't mean the actual texture map.

BillBay ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 1:11 PM

Chris... I agree these are great and your downloads are super. I think what wyrwulf is getting at.. is the image you posted above is 78K and can be compressed somewhat to make your message load quicker and not sacrifice much quality. The following image is a compressed version of the one above and is 16K instead of 78K. copyBraSetBlack83.JPG Your Photoshop is only compressing JPG's 2% as per the image information I got using JPEG Optimizer http://xat.com/ (FREE btw) The image was reduced in about 20 seconds. It may help the images that you folks are submitting here and on the funstuff page. Keep up the good work, :-) Bill PS... Your FunStuff download file sizes seem fine.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 1:26 PM

Thanks, Bill. You explained it very well. I agree, the actual freestuff download file size isn't the problem.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 3:47 PM

Sorry for misunderstanding :-) I'll d/l JPG optimizer to get better compression on posted pics. As I see you like my stuff...so I'll make more of them, thank you all. Happy posing and happy Halloween to all Chris

BillBay ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 7:45 PM

Actually I agree 78K isn't big for a rendered piece of art, but as an announcement of something on the freestuff page, and thumbnails on the freestuff page... I think it's excessive and unnecessary. And you are right... color lose is not important here. I think people would rather spend thier time downloading files vs. d/l thumbnails. :-) Pose On!

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 8:08 PM

Bill, you have again said what I have tried to say. Which version of the JPEG Optimizer are you using? The JPEG disk optimizer or the other? Chris, I appreciate your work, and your efforts to resize the pictures.

BillBay ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 8:29 PM

wyrwulf... Just the plain jane JPEG Optimizer 3.10.... so far... it's awesome and I've been using it a grand total of 2 hours since d/l it this afternoon... up to that point, I've been struggling with PSP5 trying to keep things reasonable. My thanks to smerc for putting me on to it in another thread. This thing blows everything else I've tried away... including Netmechanic and Gifbot. Maybe when I'm rich and famous, I can afford Disk Optimizer. Probably should have it though. With 75,046 files occupying 4651 folders on the server, one would think there must be two or three images that could use it. 8^] Bill BBay.com

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 9:18 PM

I was just wondering, because you said it was free, and the disk optimizer part is free, but the programs with the MagiCompression are shareware, and cost $.

smerc ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 1999 at 8:26 PM

Very nice texture. Chris what do you use to make the lacey patterns? I only have Poser 3. Are textures easier to make for Poser 4 (When I say easier I mean drawing a straight line)? JPG Optimzer is great. Registering it for the batch process is worth it if you are doing web page design. smerc

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 1999 at 1:55 AM

smerc: thanks for the kind words. Yes its easyer to make textures for Poser 4. The clothes templates are symetrical (front/back) so it is easy to put the colors on it. Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.