Wed, Oct 9, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 7:34 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Lathe axis Carrara bug?

flamethedog ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 8:09 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 6:23 PM

Cannot get the lathe axis function to work in Carraras vertex modeller. On our Mac the shift/control (or whatever) approach to selecting a point (following the manual) does not work.... In RDS it was so much better and worked. Indeed the latest Carrara fixes do not appear to have fixed much on a Mac, still getting loads of error 2 crashes. Any ideas?

keithw ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 12:13 AM

file_201409.jpg

I had problems getting it to work until I discovered that you have to select both the cross section & path and then select a point on the path. Keith

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 2:12 PM

if you allocate 200 MB or more physical RAM and check for extension conflicts in OS 9.x, Carrara 1.1 should reasonably stable. Type 2 errors can be associated with memory over-writes and loading components of software at "bad addresses", especially when using several apps/processes at once.

flamethedog ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 7:21 AM

Hi Thanks guys. On lathe I will try though if you follow manual way control/command (whatever) it brought up a list of unrelated tasks. Will try again though. Regarding the memory Running Carrara on Mac 9.1 with 1gb of ram and no other software. No conflicts found. Want it to work but.... It also has annoying habit of triangulating various meshes on import. At least RDS on a G3 is fine. I guess we will stick with that for now. Thanks again.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 9:57 AM

Carrara will sometimes triangulate a Poser object on import, which makes it impossible to do morph targets. The fix is to use the following import options: autoposition, disable auto-scaling, map y to z, assume UV between 0 and 1, vertex primitives, single polymesh, one obj per group, first name as ID. The facet mesh option is probably the one that causes triangulation of Poser objects.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.