Sun, Sep 15, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: Help please, missing rsr file

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 1:36 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 1:32 AM

Ther was I thinking I had got it all sussed out, and then I download a tree from renderocity and have no idea where to place the files. I have an obj a cr2 a png and a mtl, no rsr in sight. I know that poser generates rsr files itself, but what do I do with the obj and mtl files. No read me file with this download.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 1:43 PM

That sounds like it was originally created in Pro Pack since it has the png and no rsr ...What I normally do is load the cr2 away and then pop it into a blank scene. It will complain and say there is a missing obj and tell you where to place it. But that is on my Mac and I am not sure about PC's .. think someone mentions that doingthat crashes it but I am not sure ...

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 1:56 PM

Ok, the missing rsr is not a problem, since you said you already know poser will make a new one. As to the obj and mtl files, here's what you do. 1. Place the cr2 in whatever library folder is appropriate. 2. Open up your favorite text editor (like notepad,etc) and then open the cr2 file (it will read the text just fine). 3. Somewhere in the cr2 you should find mention of the obj you don't know what to do with. it will look something like :Runtime:Geometries:whateverfolder:objectfile Once you find that line, just put the object in the directory folder mentioned in the line. If you don't have that folder it's a simple matter to create it in the runtime geometries folder. I would put the mtl file in the same folder to start with. If Poser requires it to be somewhere else, it will give you the missing file message and tell you where it's looking. That should take care of the problem for you. Kate

odeathoflie ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 6:00 PM

+or do the above but try to lad the file without the obj placed anywhere and a popup will say it cant find tree obj in such and such a folder...c:poserruntimegeometriesfolder then name a new folder the folder name it says and place the obj in it and place int you geo. folders

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 12:28 PM

Thankyou all, I will play a bit later.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.