Sun, Oct 6, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: All you Wanted to Know about Poser... a P3dO Plugin

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 2:14 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 5:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.senosoft;com/

file_204077.gif

At last I made it work. I've been on this since 3 months and today it runs. The rendered infos are still poor but now it will be easy to strenghten the interface and give you All you Wanted to Know. I called this first plugin : AWK, and his little name is C3DAwk plugin. One more word: C3DAwk an not P3dAwk. Just because the C3D engine is now plugged behind P3dO and I'm currently plugging C3D behind See3D - my 3D viewer. Thank to this powerfull wrapper I'll now be able to easily give my 2 softwares the same features. A great time saving for me, and more frequent uploads for you ;)) Yarp

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Petunia ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 2:57 PM

This is fantastic Yarp! Thank you so very much for all the work you put into this and your other great projects. I for one like the ability of your P3dO to work with Vue files! You make it all so easier for the rest of us!

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 3:05 PM

Thank Petunia, I'll also offer AWK for Vue. Currently I'm delayed with Vue 4 files which P3dO can't read but I mailed e-on and they very kindly replied ;))

Petunia ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 3:21 PM

Neat! I am not worried about your delay.. you get there in the end! LOL Thanks again!

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 4:40 PM

Hey Yarp, ya' got yourself a little "semicolon" problem in the link! Nice job BTW, and I look forward to Vue4 support. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

genny ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 5:05 PM

Hi Yarp, I am so glad you posted here today, as I am really confused as to what your program is supposed to do? I did download it, (thank you for your generousity) but, when I go to view my files, all I get is either a "Diamond" shape for Vue, or whatever "Shape" image the particular file "is". Am I missing something? If this is what your program does, that is fine, but all I have to do now is "right click" onto the file and I can get the same information? All I really want to say is, that if the file is not in a jpg. or gif format, then I am not able to view it. Even in "Vue" there are files that will not "SHOW". I could be wrong, or is there something wrong in my download? Please believe, that I am not one who WOULD EVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH, but I really and truly don't know or understand what your program is supposed to do? Please, enlighten me. (: Thank you. genny

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 5:09 PM

Yeah I did notice and it's not the first time either. People got to solve this if they want to gain access to my "great" web page. As I said, I got really kind reply from e-on. This means I'm confident - like petunia ;)) - on Vue4 picture support soon. and,... here's the fix for the link => . <= This is it, ;))

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 5:24 PM

Hi Genny, P3dO is a file manager - like Windows Explorer but as you said it's not a better file manager than the Explorer, and a Picture browser and to that point of vue it is better than Explorer. P3dO display many pictures formats, plus Poser files and it does automatic association between pitcures (.Rsr) and the Poser files themselves (.CR2, .PP2, etc...). As so contrarily to Windows you'll only see what's essential in Poser files. It does many more things with Poser files. I suggest you go to my web page and read the turorial (on P3dO's page). Then it should also display Vue files as pictures. See the picture in free stuff/utility. These are Vue files. If you've got Vue4 then P3dO doesn't yet show Vue4 as pictures but it will soon. I'm just waiting for somebody to send me Vue4 files, or the demo, or much better : e-on software support. If you've got Vue3 or lower and don't see Vue files as pictures then this is a bug and i'm very intersted in fixing it. Then please drop me a mail at yarp@senosoft.com with a small picture so than I can see what you got. Then I'll ask you some of the files. Then I'll fix this, for sure. P3dO is very handy to scan through Poser directories or archives, I honestly don't think the Explorer does better. On a Vue point of vue it's a bit different but even for watching files as pictures instead of icons is worth using P3dO. As a conlusion, I wouldn't say you ought to use P3dO it depends on the number of 3D files you have.

genny ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 8:40 PM

file_204078.gif

Hi Yarp, I will be going to your web page to check out the tutorial, and I really did not mean that I did not find your utility "handy" just that when I saw it on the PFO site, I thought I would be able to actually view the files as a "picture".....duh.....shows how much I know! (: I do have "Vue" 4 so maybe, that's why most of the images do not show up as images? Anyway, I have attached an image of what I see when I open your utility, so you can see where my confusion comes from. Take care and thanks for your reply as well as your generosity in providing all of this with your great stuff. Really, I do appreciate it, it is just that I don't know the advantage of having it is. Of course, I haven't checked out your web-site, yet.....so, let me just "SHUT-UP" so to speak, and go do that right NOW! genny

Petunia ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 10:53 PM

Genny, what verion of P3dO do you have? It might just be that you got an older version of the program.

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 11:05 PM

Ok, OK Genny. No problemo. It's a free community there, you've got the right to say you don't use or like P3dO or whatever "don't" you wish. I just tried to explain what P3dO was, my turn to apologize if I were a bit agressive - I thought I've been. If you've got Vue 4 then all is said, that's the reason why. As I said above I'm waiting for infos on the subject and the Vue 4 demo is not yet available at e-on. Please, don't "shut up" always say what you think ;)) Regards

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 11:09 PM

...but what are those Daz people for Poser ? I'de like to see a Windows Explorer view of the folder. If this is a geometry folder, P3dO doesn't show .obj meshes at the moment - but my 3D viewer See3D does. There are 2 blVickyP4, what are there Windows extension. One should be an .obj and what about the other : .mtl ?

genny ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 11:43 PM

Hi Yarp, No need for you to apologize, you were not to aggressive, I just wanted to make sure that you did not take my "Problem" with the program in the wrong way. To be perfectly honest, I think I would love your utility, that's why I downloaded it, but as you can see......what-ever the problem is, it doesn't work right for me. As far as what folder that is above (DAZ PEOPLE) I could not tell you for sure what one I went to, but it could have been the geometry folder, I just clicked onto one, just to show you an example of what I see. Really, it is not important, I will wait until you get the files for "Vue4" and try it again. (: But,now, your 3D viewer, sounds like something I may be interested in, so I am going to go check that out some more , before I go to bed. THanks again, and take care for now. genny

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 1:20 AM

Sure this is a geometry folder. P3dO doesn't have any graphic info for such folders - I now recall that P3dO doesn't associate anymore .rsr to .obj so the 2 files are the .obj and its .rsr. If you got through the library directories you should have a the thumbnails. The See3D viewer is a raw unfinished soft that's why I didn't uploaded it here, but it does show .obj. I'll soon add this functionnality in P3dO. Good night, it's time to go to work here in France ;))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.