Sun, Sep 15, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: Male hair help please

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:39 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

In my latest image i need the dork to have long hair. Have tried all the female hair I have, and its not right. Does the Daz wedge, with the extra pack work okay on P4 male. I am asking before I spend quite a lot of money for the 2 packs, even with the sale.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

raven ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:19 AM

If you mean the Wonder Wedge, yes, it works on Posette, Dork, Mike and Vicki.

psampang ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:00 AM

Have you tried Kozaburo's hair? I've used it with a good degree of success...and it's FREE. http://www.vowel.or.jp/~kozaburo/

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:09 AM

I tried Kozaboro's, also total hair and even maiden hair, which actually came cosest to wot I want. Am drawing a johnny reb, so he is very masculine, but can't get to the barber shop.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 12:23 PM

file_204441.jpg

This is Michael with hmann's Total Hair (the bangs turned off in the material editor with no texture or transmap, 100% transparency for the bare forehead). I've used this on many male characters and it works just fine for me. You do have to do some adjustments to height, scale, etc. It takes a bit of work to fit it properly, but it's well worth it in the end. Melanie (Face texture is George Deep's Middle Age Mike, to which I added the beard. His clothes are the period costume from DAZ, and his magical seed necklace is merely the pearl necklace from the Costume Shop CD, 3 strands combined and texured by me.)

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 12:31 PM

file_204443.jpg

Here's one more example of Total Hair on a man. Melanie (Colonial costume from Ghastley, face texture created by me, Nerd's backdrop prop.)

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:50 PM

you got any more of those, melanie? i was looking a total hair and trying to imagine it on the male figures.... but it didnt seem right. these are very nice!

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 4:57 AM

Thanks Melanie. I never thought of turning of the bangs. I will go play.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.