Mon, Sep 9, 4:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: UV Mapper Question

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:43 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 4:44 AM

Particulary, Ghastly's files; can I map and replace just the Geometries OBJ or do I have to make a full new CR2?

chromecafe ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:25 PM

your cr2 wont effect te mapping at all try uvmapper

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:33 PM

heyas; if the cr2 points to an obj, you can change the obj and delete the geometry rsr to reload the same cr2. or, save your remapped obj as a new obj and make a copy of the cr2 that points to the new obj. if the cr2 has any embedded geometry, changing the obj and/or obj pointers will have no effect, because the geometry is stuck in the library file. (you can tell if you have embedded geometry by doing a text search for geomCustom.)

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 6:49 PM

Bloodsong, That's what I'm trying to do but it's not working on the Vampirella Costume? I remapped the origonal OBJ and saved as a new name, then edited the origonal CR2 to point to the new 'mapped' OBJ but when I load the edited CR2 it won't pick up the map?? I just searched for "geomCustom" and there ain't none....I'm jinxed ;-( Has anyone else mapped any of Ghastly's stuff? What could I be doing wrong?

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 6:50 PM

Oh ya, yess, I did remember to delete Both origonal RSR (made BK of course) ;-(

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 3:39 PM

hmmmm... you got me on that one :/ did you re-open it in uvmapper and make sure it has the new mapping? in an older version of uvmapper if you had your selection active when you saved, it didnt apply the new mapping.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 6:14 PM

I'll take a look, not sure bout that. But I trashed it and currently went back to 'as is'.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.