Mon, Sep 9, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Summer sunlight, Greece and radiosity

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 12:24 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 3:23 PM

Attached Link: http://artmagick.com/artists/tadema3.asp

file_209171.jpg

I came across a series of victorian paintings from a dutch painter, Sir L. Alma-Tadema (see link, under 'expectations'). Some of his paintings photorealistically portray scenes in the antique greece, in plain summer light. Btw... these paintings are a great study in lighting. I knew I just HAD to try that with Vue. So here it is... my shot at 'Penelope'. This version uses one of the standard atmospheres. I spent some time tonight on tuning a volumetric atmosphere for the same scene (still rendering right now) - I will post it tomorrow when it is ready. To simulate radiosity on this one, I placed 5 point lights around the model ( one behind and above her head, 3 at the same level around her feet and one a little lower down the stairs). Any comment ?

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 1:01 AM

file_209172.jpg

And here is the volumetric one. Now I can go to bed :) I will finish it up in photoshop tomorrow (the flowers on the tree look too flat when viewed up close).

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2001 at 9:02 AM

Beautiful! I like the higher contrast of the second version better, but they are both wonderful! Good work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.