Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Need help again

death ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 12:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:28 PM

I have this strange prob.I open a poser model and it asks for a certain texture,so I look up the dir with the texture click it and press open...and behold...poser ask for the same damn texture again.The result??No textures.....help? Youri

Lovely Lady ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 12:08 PM

Sometimes the name is the same but the extention is the problem. I have seen some ask for a pct file when the one I have is a jpg or a tiff. Could that be the problem?

Crakmine ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 12:19 PM

Sometimes if more than one thing has the same texture, but the texture name isn't the one its looking for, you'll have to find the texture for each piece using that texture

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 12:38 PM

A lot of the time, as L.Lady says it's the extension. Check the file name that Poser is asking for, it may well be that the file you are opening needs a **.bum and that file hasn't been converted to a bum file which means it will continually ask, or it's looking for a .tif or .jpg and the file is a different format. Once you've identified the file and it's extension. Right click on it and select Open or Open With and choose your graphics app, then resave the texture with the extension Poser needs, and then select it. That should fix the problem. If it's looking for a .bum that's the extension used by Poser for it's bump maps. There are two ways to fix this. Convert the file by importing it into Poser through the material editor before you open the character, or open the jpg/tif file in a graphic program, save it as a .bmp file (bitmap) and then rename it as a .bum manually. Poser should stop asking for it then.

death ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 12:43 PM

thanks,even though poser doesn't say what the extension/file type is of what it want's,during rendering poser starts complaining about bump maps so I'll give it a try....what a cool forum here:)

aleks ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 12:48 PM

poser asks for texture for every material group. if it's looking for skin texture, it'll ask the same for (p4) head, lips, nails and so on...

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 1:05 PM

When you get the texture requestor box, Death, it should tell you what texture it's looking for in the title bar of the dialogue (across the top of the box in the coloured bar). Have a look there and see if it's listed.

death ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 1:09 PM

It's working now....thanks guys

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.