Sun, Aug 4, 2:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: "Sunset" Part #3 - B/W vs. Color

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 4:42 PM ยท edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 4:01 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: 3D Grafx Online

file_118022.JPG

so much people told me to make my new image Black'n White. OK - here are both of them. Which one is better? Please tell me. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 4:57 PM

My vote is on the color one. I think it looses something in the sky in b/w one but it looks more like a photo. Although both are very nice. Colm...

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 5:00 PM

I really like them both, but the B&W one is my favorite of the two. (I always like poser B&W work) Nice job. -Trav

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 8:10 PM

I prefer the color one. It is muted enough that it almost works as black and white or sepia but doesn't detract. The black and white one loses something in the sky and definition. I would expect to see deeper shadows More contrast .. Right now the only black or dark is the garters .. But pretty cool images anyway .. Good luck deciding ..Steps off my soapbox I nrmally don't ramble on .. really ..s orry

DM1234 ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 11:03 PM

I agree with Ghostofmacbeth. There is a tut on adjusting color balance on your image before converting it to grayscale. www.eyewire.com/tips/photoshop/greatgrayscale/ If your not using PhotoShop you still should be able to use the principle with just about any of the photo editing programs out there. Give it a shot. I like both versions but I think the grayscale could look even better. DM aka Nite Miner

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 1999 at 1:13 AM

I like em both and I still say the girl's face looks a lot like Christina Ricci from the movie Sleepy Hollow!! Jack

oddball ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 1999 at 2:23 AM

I like the B/W better. Perhaps you should add a little noise to make it look less sterile...

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 1999 at 4:22 AM

No, I like the colour one better, though the B&W one is neat, the sky just rocks in the colour version. Paul

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.