Mon, Oct 21, 5:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Problems with lights after 4.02 installed ??

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 5:56 PM ยท edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 2:04 PM

Hi guys I am working on a couple of pictures for the DAZ calendar, so I thought I would render an older scene to the new size imposed by the contest. Surprisingly, the lights in the scene are all messed up. They make polygons appear and make very sharp shadows where the lights intersect. After some tests, I found out the problem dissapears when returning to Vue 4.01. Anyone had that problem out there ??? I will post some test images soon to illustrate this (still rendering).

Bop ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 6:13 PM

After reading your description, Isn't it the same kind of problem that I had with the rendering of my "rain of stars" image, that I put on the forums ???

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 6:21 PM

Might be... if you can put you vue scene somewhere on a website, I can try it out on 4.01 and 4.02 and let you know if this is the problem. Looking at your picture again, it does look like the artefacts I came across.

Bop ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 6:36 PM

Hell ! My scene was done with the Vue4 demo, so, I did not save my work...

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 10:20 PM

Laurent, did it happen only when you rendered at the larger size, or is it still evident at a smaller size? Well, using the demo, Claude was limited to 640x480, so I suppose size is not a factor. Nevermind, ignore this, just thinking aloud.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 11:00 PM

It happens at any size. I tried another scene I made since I installed the patch and the difference is amazing. I did notice something weird with the lights since the patch but I put that on the atmospheres I have been using recently. So... what I would like to see now is if it is only a problem on my machine or if other people experienced that. I guess I will have to run some experiments on another machine at home for that.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 11:05 PM

Incidentally, fighting with weird lights under the patch problem helped me find out how to force a spotlight to point at an object all the time. It might seem obvious to some of you but it was not for me, so here it goes... - select a spotlight - go to the property panel and select the animation section (3rd tab on the right) - there, select the object you want to track in the 'tracking' menu and there you have a spotlight pointing at your object. This makes it a lot easier to set up good lighting !

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2001 at 5:17 AM

I can't say that I've noticed anything different about the lights or meshes since the 4.02 patch. I'll tell you what really bugs me though, is the way Vicki's eyes, hair and eyelashes will turn white with a volumetric light behind them, when they have transparent materials applied. it won't do it with trees and other transparencies, just poser stuff. I really wish that didn't happen!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.