Mon, Oct 21, 11:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New PC

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:39 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 8:50 PM

I just got a new pc. It is running WindowsXP and has a 100 mg 7200rpm drive. The first program I installed was Photoshop 6. When I started the program up for the first time, it said something like: Your scratch disk is on the same page as your program. It would be better to choose a different page or a different drive. I've never had a drive this large before. Is it divided up into sections. When I look at MyComputer, it only shows a C drive. Thanks. Kevin

jayarraich ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 6:04 AM

It is recommended that you assign your scratch disk to a drive or partition other than the one on which Photoshop is installed. (Scratch disk location is assigned in Edit > Preferences > Plug-Ins & Scratch Disk). Preferably, the scratch disk should be assigned to the first partition of a separate physical drive. However, since you don't have a partitioned drive (and also don't have a second physical drive), don't worry about it. The only negative effect you may experience is slower performance. If Photoshop starts slowing down, then you can worry about it. -Jay Arraich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.