Wed, Sep 18, 3:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: sergemarck, download problem

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 1:47 AM Ā· edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 12:05 PM

Am I the only one that cannot get anything off Serge's site?. I have tried many times recently and also tried the Yahoo thing. I just get nowhere with yahoo, even searching through yahoo I get file not found. When I go to Yahoo briefcase I just get details of how to sign up myself. I am tearing my hair out. Any ideas please.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Tuesday ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 2:46 AM

If you can get onto the site at all there is a link for anyone who has trouble downloading (towards the top of the page)which will take you to the PFO funstuff site, I downloaded from there

SWAM ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 2:54 AM

I have the same problem, but if I visit the side early in the morning, then it works.Also have the problem with Lady Lunas side. Hope this helps you. Get uuuuuppppppppp......

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 5:13 AM

Is PFO back up? it was closed for maintenance. or temper tantrums or something.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 5:27 AM

Serge's site is very popular, and his files are very big. Enough said? You just have to keep trying, in my experience. Have you tried both his sites (he has a European mirror, which might be free-er depending on your time zone)? http://members.fortunecity.com/poserfashion/ http://site.voila.fr/poserfashion/

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 7:36 AM

Thanks for the url. will try that in offpeak time. my time zone is gmt, so not a lot of difference with a french site.

Tuesday ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 8:45 AM

hmm... not sure if PFO is back up, this was a while ago

sergemarck ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 8:45 AM

As I said already, the files are here and the links are OK. Nevertheless, because of all the problems some of you have with fortunecity, I will move my site to a 'no free' server, where I hope, the bandwith will be sufficient. If everything works well, it should be open next week. You won, guys : I spend more time to answer to emails and messages about fortunecity than working with poser :-) So wait a little.... Serge Nevertheless I had to pay for giving, and I don't like this idea. I will have to find a way to pay the server (I need no more). All ideas welcome.

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 11:25 AM

Idea for serge, have a donation area like morphworld has, I'd be glad to help chip in. I'm not sure how you would work that out though if your not in the US.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 11:38 AM

Ive not had any problems downloading from sergemarks amazing site (Are you ever planning on taking on something like Erte?). My only problem came when I downloaded the most recent dress and found the zip opened into something not quite expected and difficult to handle on a Macintosh computer. Mevertheless, a little work and there it was. I dont think the problem is with Serge's server that much as it is with worldwide internet traffic problems at the moment.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 12:56 PM

Well Serge I for one would willingly pay for your stuff, however you work it out. I am going to have a go at downloading about 7-00am our time, which should be about I-oo am US time, so it may be easier.

sergemarck ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 1:03 PM

Vitualsite, that's because file sizes are limited to 3Mb on Fortunecity. So I had to use winrar to split them. On my further site, I will be able to have every size, so the zip will no more be like that. I'm happy you found a way on mac. Serge

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 3:45 PM

The pleasure, good sir, is all mine. =)

Petunia ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 6:16 PM

Serge, we would all love to chip in to help with a server that you can rely on. Please don't give up on us. We all appreciate your wonderful clothes. Thank you so very much for all the pleasure that you have brought to us. Diana

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 12:01 AM

Serge, We appreciate your generosity as much as your attention to detail. There has to be a way we can help you pay for a site, or otherwise give you something in return. Carolly

WarriorDL ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 12:07 AM

Serge, talk to me about getting you a free place on my server.

sergemarck ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 12:36 AM

Very kind, WarriorDL, but the server is already paid :-) I will perhaps thought about a limited in time serie (shadowcat donation area idea)which would be strictly reserved to people buying it (it would be stopped as soon as the annual amount of the site would be reached and never on line or posted after). Serge

WarriorDL ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 1:01 AM

Ok.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.