Tue, Oct 8, 5:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: Hommage to Cirque du Soleil... any comment ?

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 7:36 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_218434.jpg

Since I first saw the amazing acts of Cirque du Soleil, I have been thinking that would be perfect for Poser and Vue. Here is a reference to their movie "Journey of Man". For those who don't know them, this is not a fake position. They actually do this for real. Any comment for improvement ? I have been playing with depth of focus with that one but I still feel like something is missing.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 7:38 PM

That is so cool.....Really good.....how long did this take you? Sharen

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 7:38 PM

The nudity tag had another hiccup.

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 7:44 PM

That was fast Sharen :) The pose took me a good couple of hours to get it right. The scene itself took almost nother in Vue. Add another hour for tuning of the lights and atmosphere. Oh... and another 11h of render at User setting (the original render was 800 pixels high).

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 10:32 PM

We'll get the tag set for it okay. :) And wow, wow, wow. If there is something missing from this, I sure don't know what it might be. Love the sky configuration and colors and stars, love the display of depth to the mist, love the lombardy, the stairs, the columns.... Nope, I can't find anything missing!

Bop ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 11:01 PM

Really nice inspiration, Laurent... I love the misty, vesperal atmosphere you put on the scene and the surreal aspect of the elements of construction (columns and stairs...) It looks like this part of the Walt Disney's Fantasia film... the one with the ostrichs, hippopotamuses and elephants ballerinas hunted by crocodiles... Improvements on this scene ? Yes, I see three little things that can maybe add something... The first is about the characters. I think they must look more impressive. You could give them costumes. Simple costumes... maybe just a pant for the man. What about tatoos for the woman ? You could also make a contrast between the two characters by keeping the woman gracefull and givin the man more muscles... The second is about the sky, and especially the clouds. It could be better to increase theyr contrast. I think good clouds can bring more live to this scene. The third, the most important for me, is about construction of the scene. The format, the stairs, the tree, the characters, the columns... all are verticals ! There's no real diagonals nor curves on the scene. Characters are centered in the picture. Elements of the scene are not arranged for creating a path of view leading to a point of the scene, and they don't interact each other for creating a tension around your focal point : the characters. In the same way, the fact that your columns interacts with the caracters breaks the effect you wanted to create. It gives the scene a too much static and lifeless mood. Well, now, don't think that's all critics or that I don't like this picture. It's all the opposite !!! technical explanations in english are for me a real pain. I would not have take the time to write this post for a bad picture. This scene is great and only one or two changes could greatly improves an already good job !

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 8:10 PM

Thanks for the critics (I appreciate a lot) but after trying to change things around, I always returned to the original configuration. - The clouds are voluntarily dimmed down to make them more discrete and not distract the viewers. - It looks to me that the verticality of the tree and the constructions only reinforce the verticality of the couple instead of guiding the eyes away from them. - I made the man and the woman with the same features to reinforce the idea of balance and harmony. This would be reduced if I make more contrast between the two bodies. - They have no clothes because of the primordial aspect of the scene. Also because I wanted to play with lights on naked skin. Thanks anyway :)

Bop ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 9:02 PM

Thanks for trying... :-) In fact, as I said, my suggests were supposed to maybe add something, but for my own sensibility. I made a quick scene for testing these suggests. Effectively, wy suggest concerning clouds only works for smaller clouds, and larger format of the picture and clothes can totally change the mood of the scene. The thing that you can test is a little change of the camera angle for lowering (is that real english ?) the horizon... the only problem is that your ground circle will be less visible... Now and there, I still really like your scene as you did it. Continue this kind of real good job !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.