Mon, Oct 21, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: windowsXP and Vue4

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 7:33 AM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

I just got a new pc and I've been busy reinstalling my software. I installed Vue4 and Patch 4.01. I also have enough of Poser 4.03 with the ProPack installed to begin playing again. Poser seems fine and Vue4 mostly seems fine. I did run into a couple glitches though. After I loaded a sky, all four windows turned a light to medium gray as if I was zoomed in real close on a model. I can live with that although I'm not sure what causes it. Then I imported a Poser model and it came in fine and I could see that I wasn't zoomed in. (I also tried moving the track ball incase I was pointed at the ground.) Then I repositioned my model and suddenly I had two. Or rather it appeared I had two. When I expand a window, the mesh in the original position disappears and I can see I only have the one in the new position. It seems that every time I move a model now that it leaves an impression of the old position until I refresh. Any ideas? And is there a hotkey to refresh the screen without having to expand and contract a window? Thanks. Kevin

tesign ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 9:00 AM

Sound like a video card issue...interesting. What Video card are you using...just curious. For a start, may be you wanna turn off OpenGL in Vue. If all is well, check see if there's an update for your videocard. Just a wild guess b'kuz its the next thing I'll do if i were you :) Good luck. Bill

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 12:14 PM

Is it possible to use your older Windows OPen GL driver with your XP install?

DeZ ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 12:32 PM

I had the same thing! IF you have a NVIDIA graphic card installed, this is what I did to make it work; search for opengl files from the Windows start menu, delete your nvopengl.dll file, BUT make sure you have a file called opengl32.dll and/or opengl.dll in your Windows/system directory after you deleted the NVIDIA openGL dll file. Start Vue 4 again and see if it worked. Make sure you have OpenGL activated in the options. If this solution did not work for you, you can deactivate opengl world browser in the options and contact e-on software! Hope it works out for you!

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2001 at 7:16 PM

I think I have a video card called G-force 2 or something like that. Anyway, I when into options in Vue4 and unchecked Use OpenGl and the gray color and the duplicate meshes that weren't really there all went away. Thanks. Kevin

DeZ ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 1:28 AM

The GeForce card is a NVIDIA based card that uses the nvopengl.dll files to accelerate. If you would like to use OpenGL acceleration in the world browser, which shades the whole scene from wireframe in real time and makes object/vegetation placement much less tediouse, you can possibly make it work by the process I described. Just make sure to backup the nvopengl.dll before you delete it, just in case. Hope it works out for you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.