Wed, Sep 18, 10:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Mac Networking help please! Bryce 5 and ethernet

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 3:59 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 4:53 AM

Hi, To anyone out there who has successfully networked 2 macs via ethernet and got Bryce 5 to net-render. I guess I just have a hole in my brain where the TCP/IP parameters should be. I've tried everything that I know to try to get Bryce 5 to net-render. I thought that just connecting my 2 G4's via ethernet would do the trick. But I've run into numerous problems. Crashing and Bryce Lightning trying to dial out and all of this has not got me any closer to solving what I'm doing wrong. So, again, if anyone has done this, PLEASE reply and give me a step-by-step on how to do this. I guess I really need to know what parameters I need in the TCP/IP control panel. Or do I need to change anything else? Help please. I need to have this happen soon. I'm on a deadline and I'd like to get some renders done in (I'm hoping) half the time. I'm assuming that if I net-render it should speed my 12 hour render down to 6 hours. James

clay ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 5:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.phase2.net/claygraphics

In your TC/IP configurations make a new setting other than what you use for the internet, make that "rendering" setting active on the client machine that will be running lightning. Using just ethernet to ethernet you can't be on the internet when trying to network render. This is how I have my G4 and G3 set up. Hope that helps ya out.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 6:52 PM

file_218554.jpg

Yes I understand that I can't be online and do this. But what settings are you using? Can you explain exactly what you have in all your settings? Thanks by-the-way for responding. Here is an image to help. James

clay ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2001 at 9:01 PM

Just like you have there, manually, Ethernet and then in the IP box just type in the IP of the machine you're setting all that up on.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

jschoen ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 8:03 PM

Well I finally got things to work, but now Bryce crashes with any large file trying to network. Arrrgghh! It's always something. Thanks BTW for all the help. James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.