Sat, Aug 3, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: New image rendered with Vue... comments ?

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 7:35 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=93745&Start=1&Artist=agiel&ByArtist=Yes

file_218835.jpg

Another scene in my exploration of lighting with Vue. This one used a combination of spotlight (for the intensity) and point lights (for the softness). I have to say Vue created a lot of visual artefacts with polygons almost parallel to the direction of light (on the skin especially). First I thought it was that pesky light problem again, but it did the same in 4.01 and 4.02b. I had to remove that in photoshop. I will post the original render tonight.

Wizzard ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 7:37 AM

I don't know? I like it 8 ) the poses are lovely and the lighting very well done.. I love the point lights 8 ) thank you muchly

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 8:36 AM

The whole composite if very well laid out...I really enjoyed looking at it, now my question, what Vue are you using, I know it is 4, but did you install the upgrade 4.02b, is that helping? Very nice...Sharen

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 8:49 AM

What a marvellous image! Well done. This is beautifully composed. Irene

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 9:47 AM

Sharen... I am using Vue 4.02b. The problem with lights seems to have been solved. Vue worked just fine after the new patch.

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 10:06 AM

Wow Laurent, this is fantastic!! Wow, just wow!

tradivoro ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 10:06 AM

Hey Laurent, that is a great, great picture... the posing looks super realistic and the rest of the environment makes for great composition... I see you're using Cindy's flowers as well...

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 10:31 AM

Yeah, ditto on all the comments above. VERY good. :) I think what grabs me the most about it is the pictures on the wall behind the mirror. They look very real there, like that. And the posing is really excellent too!

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 11:19 AM

Tradivoro: This is my first image using flowers from the Botanical CD (and it won't be the last :)). Mike: The pictures of the ballerina are renders from poser I made especially for the occasion. The postcards are photographs I took from the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Arenas in Nimes. Originally I wanted to put a lot more clutter on the desk (brush, lipstick, scissors, etc... ) but I ended up with a closer view and not much room left to play with.

Bop ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 2:34 PM

Nothing to say but : 'Excellent'... I look, I search, I try to start thinking 'You could try to change, for improving this scene, errr...' and nothing comes. I knock my head on my keybord, saying 'There MUST be a problem ! Look again !'... nothing ! So, now, I must admit : 'it's perfect !' ;-)

Axe555 ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2001 at 7:05 PM

I agree with what everyone else has said. This is a wonderful picture! :) Rich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.