Thu, Sep 19, 9:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: to buddha32, re altar tools

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 7:41 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 11:13 PM

I know that in your readme you say this is the first obj you have made. I could not have done it, which is why I downloaded yours, so thankyou, I think. I say that because I don't know if you have realised that when you swing the pentacle on the y axis the reverse shows the sign of the devil. In other words when you textured this you reversed your tex file up and down, not side to side. I only found out because I wanted the pentacle on its own, without the wooden background, so I made a trans map from your jpg and got a ten point star. Most people would not worry, but as a pagan I was a bit upset, and also now need to go back to the drawing board to find a pentacle for the image I have in mind.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Buddha32 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 10:39 AM

Gee...sorry about that. I actually just textured it the one time, it must have flipped the other side on its own. I'm actually a Pagan too... but this doesn't bother me. If I remember correctly, there is another pentagram in the free stuff somewhere...in .3ds format I think. That may suit your needs, but you'll need to texture it yourself. Thanks for letting me know... if I can manage to fix that problem, I'll let you know.

Wolfrose ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 3:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.magickdream.com/wolfrose/pentacle.zip

file_221054.jpg

Actually the upside down pentacle is in Traditional Wicca, the symbol for 2nd degree (I'm a 3rd degree Gardnerian H.Ps.). Unless it has a goats head in it, it isn't really the sign of the Christian mythological creature known as the devil/satan.

In anycase though, I made an openface pentacle that you may have. :) http://www.magickdream.com/wolfrose/pentacle.zip

Blessings,
Gwendalyn Wolfrose

Buddha32 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 5:45 PM

Wow... that's nice! Wolfrose does awesome work!

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 2:01 PM

Hey thanks for that, really nice of you. I guess I am a bit touchy about some things, but the pentacle reversed means different things to different people. Thankyou again for the link. will go there later, at present I have not got a good connection.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.