Sat, Aug 3, 6:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 6:44 am)

Subject: Halloween Soup... for the Still Life Challenge

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 10:19 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:09 AM

file_225171.jpg

I will be rendering this in Ultra for the next oh... 40 hours maybe :)... but I couldn't resist posting the first draft in Final mode. This is my still life... still experimenting with lights and focus (I will be reducing the focus for the final one... the foreground mushrooms are too blurred for my taste). Any comment ?

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:54 PM

Really like the way the textures show up.

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:02 AM

I really like the textures and the look of the scene.. I think it would be better to use as little of that distance blur as possible because I feel it is taking away from the scene.. You can always do it in photoshop later and have more control over the amount of blur, etc... Anyway, that's my 2 cents.. :)

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:05 AM

picks jaw up off the floor it falls back Wow... that's beautiful agiel.. maybe reduce the effect of the distance blur a bit? I think you can do that 8 ) I"ve not played with that feature yet 8 ) the ultra render will be awesome 8 )

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:22 AM

This is wonderful, Laurent! I love the textures on your pumpkins; they look positively real, great job! :)

Larry F ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 4:22 AM

No comment! At a loss for words. Really! But personally I like that distance blur. Did I mention I'm not focusing as well close up as I was last deca -- er, year!? Very good picture I think. Larry F

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 7:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=99797&Start=1&Artist=agiel&ByArtist=Yes

The final image is in the Vue Galler... or at this link...

Bop ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 9:53 AM

I like it very much... Textures of your pumpkins are great. I also like the grey background... Really cool !

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 10:46 AM

Thanks Bop. The grey background is the result of the defocus on a couple of maple trees and a volumetric point light above. Dead trees are placed right behind the pumpkins to get that darker color (the point light is between the dead trees and the maple trees). The textures are variations on the great pumpkin textures available in the sample still life from Vue 4. I just changed the colors and bump maps to get different feels (and used the pumpkins on my front porch to get an idea of possible good looking textures).

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 5:29 PM

Very very cool!!! The textures and bumps are excellent!!!

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 6:45 PM

That is just incredible!!! A super wonderful image. Congratulations. :) Irene

Axe555 ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 10:17 PM

WOW! Fantastic job texturing and lighting! Rich

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 7:47 AM

This is great, what a wonderful job you did, I love it and it is in final mode, can't wait to see the Ultra. Sharen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.