Fri, Sep 20, 2:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do you rename and hide the parameter dials in Poser?

farang ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 4:20 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:16 AM

It gets kind of annoying when you're posing a part like the head and don't use 70% of the parameter dials shown and have to constantly scroll down to the ones you do. Also, instead of rotate x,y and z for Daz I'd like to rename these rotate, side to side and bend.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 4:27 PM

heyas; to rename the dials, just double click on the dial. (not on the number, that does something different.) it should be fairly obvious what to type where, from there ;) you can hide dials if you edit the cr2, but there isn't any way to turn them on and off in poser.

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 4:46 PM

Sams3D has a great tutorial on this, just have a look under the Tutorial-sction. Here's the Link: SAMS3D Sharkey

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 4:51 PM

It is my experience that a dial will not hide if it has ERC assigned to it. Otherwise all of V2 pbm- morph dials might have been hidden.

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 5:29 PM

You can also delete the dials you don't need in the hierarchy editor, but that may be too drastic. To hide them, you may change the "hidden" value for the parameter (dial) from 0 to 1 (using a text editor, as bloodsong said).

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 5:34 PM

well gosh Sharkey, thanks for the compliment, the tutorial will help you understand how to hide the dials. Sharen

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 9:46 PM

How about creating a 2 MAT pose files switching the dails ON/OFF as required instead of hacking the CR file? Maxx

farang ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 9:59 PM

I use notepad to edit them but when I save them they never get saved as such but instead become notepad files. I thought about buying a CR2 editor but I've already burned up my monthly budget for this new hobby of mine. Is there some trick to editing CR2 files in notepad or wordpad and not having them revert to note or wordpad files?

Maxx, real briefly how would you create a mat file? Thats an area that I haven't studied yet, are there any tutorials out there?

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 10:07 PM

cr2 files ARE text files. When you edit them with notepad, wordpad, or whatever...if you save them and get the extension txt or doc or whatever..all you have to do is find the file and change the extension from that to .cr2. I never have to do this, it always just saves as the correct file type. BT

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 10:28 PM

First of all farang, PoserArcana has some nice tutorials on the subject. But its quite easy to understand (IMHO): - Open a pz2 file in your editor - Strip everything from the file except the following lines { Version { number 4.01 } figure { some material 1 { parameter 1 paramerer 2 . . parameter X } some material 2 { parameter 1 paramerer 2 . . parameter X } . . some material X { parameter 1 paramerer 2 . . parameter X } } # Figure close brace } # Pose file close brace Change the parameters to your needs. You can even remove parameter lines, thus changing only particular features of the material. These parameters are the same as those from the Poser Material Editor window. Hope you get this :-) Maxx

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 10:31 PM

Seems to me that other character features, not in the "figure section" can be changed the same way... Havent tried this yet, though :-D Maxx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.