Sun, Sep 22, 10:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: dvd quality?

Stardust1234 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 3:45 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:28 PM

I'm currently creating some Bryce/Poser animations and want to burn them to VCD or ,in the nearby future, burn them to DVD. So It has to be broadcast quality.... My questions are these :at what resolution should I render my animations? 800*600 pixels? I live in Europe and there also seems to be a difference between PAL (Europe) and NTSC (US)? What framerate should I use? 24 fps or 30 fps. Is there a difference in framerate between Pal and NTSC? Thanks.... Stardust

MRMH ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 8:20 PM

Yes, you need 30fps for NTSC, and the resolution for TV are 720x480, or for HDTV are good than like you say 800x600. Greetings Rub.

davidm ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 5:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.tmpgenc.com

If you want to create PAL broadcast-quality movies, you'll need to make them exactly 720x576 @ 25fps. Also, for DVD material you will need to convert your movies to MPEG2 format first.

Check out the URL below for a FREE MPEG1 and 2 encoder. :-)

Dave.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.