Sun, Sep 22, 1:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 1:25 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Why the max download policy?

kurikinton ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 5:06 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:28 AM

Why exactly is there a max download policy?

Let me make two points:

1. We are dealing with information, not 'things'. It would concievably cost Renderosity next to nothing to allow unlimited downloads of purchases, and may even save money by reducing time spend on resetting everyone's download quota when they have messed up the download.
  2. The bandwith cost of making downloads available allready appears to be controled by the temporary timelimit you have on the links. ( If I download the products within a certain time after opening the download page, I get 'file no longer available' errors, which are solved by reloading the page.)

It seems to me everybody would be much happier without a max download limit. What concrete factors are stopping you from doing so?

vette ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 12:45 PM

Unfortunately we had members that felt the need to share their member name and password to allow others to download items freely. It's simply a security issue to help prevent the illegal distribution using Renderosity's system. yvette renderosity admin

Susan_Carter ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 9:52 AM

If they are willing to let other people mooch off them by giving out those details... won't they also be emailing or giving away the stuff they eventually download this way? By the way... Is your server - set up to/ can I - use a download manager like JetCar or GoZilla or whatever? Suze.

vette ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 8:54 PM

Suze, No you cannot use a download manager, most of them interfere with the download process. Thanks for asking though. yvette

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.