Fri, Sep 20, 7:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: My Picture on Poser 4 model?

trogboy ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 12:11 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:24 PM

I remember a girl on here who posted how to add your picture in Photoshop onto a poser tif file. I cant find it. Does anyone have the url to that site or even others that might be easier to follow? i want to put my face on a poser model if that doesnt make sense.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 12:18 PM

I think you will find it in the tutorial section. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 12:27 PM

Cake One I think that is it. Look to the right under Web Ring, top 15 Sharen

mglant ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 5:28 PM

Cake one is the place for this tutorial... I printed it off. She is in France.

kupa ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 7:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/products/avatarlab/index.html

Check out this link to a new product from us- look at step 2. kupa

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 11:23 PM

Does AvatarLab make anything that will be useable in Poser?

trogboy ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 11:24 PM

Ok thats right, She and I talked like 7 months ago. I sure wish she was on here. It looks like this is for DAZ model instead of the lower quality poser4 right?

kupa ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:22 AM

There is a pipeline between Poser and Avatar Lab, though the geometry in AvLab is lower resolution for web-deployment. Characters from Avlab could be used and rendered in a Poser scene, this would be useful for a bunch of custom-built, photobased background characters in a crowd scene. Poser will be able to create content for AvLab though, so there is a new market for content creators here. As well, the technology in AvLab that drives the photo-based face modeling is a preview of things to come, at higher resolutions... Steve Cooper Curious Labs

mglant ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:12 PM

I am interested and I wonder how soon these things will come. I heard about an upcoming announcement from CL about a new Poser addition...apparently not a new version. I am a new Lightwave 7 user and am planning animation of figures from Poser hosted in LW and used with music to produce "music videos" that will be completed in Final Cut Pro2 (with MatroxRTMac). I run Poser on a P4 Dell, with Bryce5 and LW with FCP on a G4 dual 800 Mac. I also will be developing animations for Medical Procedure and Microscopic Diagnostic education, some which will be Web based. The AvLab concept is very attractive to me. I has the potential for adding a more "human" touch element to Web communications. Humans are dominantly visual animals and if a picture is worth a thousand words, an animation is worth a million. ANY Good News From CL for this mix? Mick Glant Diagnostic Cytology Labs

kupa ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:31 PM

Mick, I'd be very interested to hear more about your project, a web link perhaps? Steve Cooper

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 7:30 PM

trogboy, you can follow the tutorial and use the technique on any model. You just have to use the proper mesh template. The templates for the Poser models are on the content CD that comes with Poser4, or you can use UVMapper to make a template.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.