Tue, Oct 22, 10:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Everyone Please Read...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 1999 at 1:37 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:34 AM

Regarding Images.... While visiting the other forum I had notice something, that I need some of you to fix. Basically, it is this... Please, please, while posting images to the other forum, could you please not link to the images that you put up on this forum. Here is why... When you upload an image to this forum it is stored on Renderosity's server and stored there. Everytime someone opens it and views it from here it uses Bandwidth. Which is okay, that is why we have the sponser to help us pay for the bandwidth. But when you go to the other forum and link to the image that is hosted on our server, whenever someone clicks on the image to view it over there, it takes with it, some of our bandwidth and I get charged for it. The PFO has sponsers that pay for their forum to be there. That money should be paying them for the Bandwidth which they use on that forum. Their team should make it possible for you to post an image like we do, without making you have to link to somewhere else. Otherwise where is their sponser money go, for their bandwidth can't be that much. But that is neither here, nor there. Personally, if it didn't cost me as much as it does to run this forum, I wouldn't mind it. However, I think it is unfair of me to ask the sponsors of this forum to pay for bandwidth that isn't truly being used by this forum. I ask, that please, if you have post an image to the other forum that links it to this site, to please remove it and put it back up under another link maybe to Geocities/Yahoo or FortuneCity... Please, I wish to keep this forum here and don't wish to have to remove people's images that are linked from there to here to keep the forum here. Otherwise, I will also have to go to the same posting method that the PFO uses, where you put it up on your own server and link it to here. Thanks, Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.