Mon, Sep 9, 4:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Why, for F's sake, can't I UV map the Pigtails?????

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 1:36 AM ยท edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 11:54 PM

???????????????? No matter what I try, this piece of garbage won't take a map. Tried loading the obj into the latest UV mapper, creating a new planar map, saving the obj and the map, and making a new cr2 that reflects the new obj. Nothing. Tried inverting normals and that didn't help. Tried using grouping tool to create perspective UV's. Nothing. What strange black magic was used to create this thing? Why won't it take a map? Arg. -WTB

lourdes ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 1:47 AM

Did you delete the .rsr file that's in the geometries folder? You need to do that when you make changes to the obj file.

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 1:56 AM

Yep :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 3:37 AM

Do you have Bryce or Vue, if so does it work in them at all?

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 4:39 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Which pigtails are these? The ones with Daz's Viking outfit for Vicky?

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 10:42 AM

The standard P4GirlsPigtails that comes with P4. SAMS3D... I have them both but haven't re-installed them yet since the hard drive incidents. -WTB

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2001 at 3:00 AM

remap the obj save the obj and the texture map delete the rsr associated with that figure in the geometries folder to ensure that you are indeed using a remapped model, reopen the model in uvmapper. If you still can not get it to work in poser, you are most likely using a full figure file where the model is either referenced as embedded geometry or is a full figure that has its own rsr that will have to be removed. you can delete embedded (custom) geometry and make a pointer to the obj in the cr2 that way it would always show your new map following the simple 'delete' the rsr practice. luck BT

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2001 at 11:25 AM

The HR2 file references the obj. Someone please try this, because I wouldn't be asking and so frustrated if I didn't already try the obvious steps. I'm no newbie, I know how to use UV mapper and have remapped several dozen things in my time.

lourdes ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2001 at 2:33 PM

I tried it and it worked. The hair defaults to using smooth shading as preview so it doesn't show up when you change or have your display to textured mode. You'll need to change the element's display to use figure style to see it. Load up the new HR2 that's pointing to your new mapped obj, apply your new texture and render...you'll see it then. Lourdes

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2001 at 3:18 PM

smacks forehead! Thanks lourdes. -WTB

ptrope ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 1:36 PM

... since it looks like I might just have to do what's been described here ...

Is there a transmap/texture already available for the PT Girls pigtails? I've looked high and low and haven't found one, and I've used UVMapper to try to make my own, but I haven't been very successful in getting a decent map yet.

Thanks for any help!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.