Sat, Sep 21, 9:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: 'Tis the season four backlighting (1)

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 5:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:37 AM

file_237541.jpg

Four backlights from last weekend I thought I'd share. Scanned and cleaned up a bit (film flaws & dust), but no Photoshop magic. Super clear day, and late in the afternoon; perfect conditions for backlit subjects. Comments welcome. This first one is a branch from a Maple tree.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 5:29 PM

file_237558.jpg

This one is an entire Pine tree. Looked almost Biblical it glowed so much.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 5:32 PM

file_237559.jpg

This is some kind of tall grass or whatever. I've seen stuff here before just like it many times, but I still thought it was pretty enough to be in this group.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 5:37 PM

file_237560.jpg

Finally, a branch of a Sassafras tree from my back yard. In the old days, they used to make tea from the roots.

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 5:43 PM

that tree is incredible man.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 6:52 AM

Can't pick a fav here, they're all pretty damn cool...... (",)

Caledonia ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 10:49 AM

Beautiful work.I really like the grass too. Lying in a field full of grass like that, soaking up sunshine is one of my favorite passtimes

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:22 PM

All of these are great! I especially like the two of the leaves, not quite sure why, but they grabbed my attention the most.

Syyd ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 7:06 PM

Im with the tall grass, and the Big beautiful tree.....but the leaves are beautiful as well, especially the first one......Its great to see these......I went to a state park this weekend to take pics and by the time we hiked I didn't get enough light, so this makes me smile and remember such a beuatiful day.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 10:29 PM

file_237563.jpg

I spent the day driving around the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas, and I had one of my best days in a long time. The afternoon lighting was so awesome, and everywhere you looked was a great photograph. I could have easily shot 10 rolls of film. The "Old Barn" picture in my gallery was from the same afternoon, as is this last attached picture. The JPEG looses a lot of detail in the trees, but it shows you how much color was in the hills this year. Thanks for the kind comments, but it was really all too easy!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.