Tue, Oct 8, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: What happened to the 3D Comic Collective site?

TheDreamWeaver ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 12:30 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 2:21 PM

Maybe I'm out of the loop here, but I and some others in chat were trying to find it today & it was apparently gone.

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 1:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2826892,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews01

I got the same problem. It's off the radar. It was up and doing fine about 10 hrs ago. This is just a big maybe...but just Maybe it is affected by a denial of service attack that is hitting the net and is hurting servers running MS SQL. I've been running into this other places on the web today and found an article on www.zdnet.com giving a little info on that situation. (It's just the timing is so close.) http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2826892,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews01

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3d-cc.com/DL_pages/DL00.html

I got into it fine, just now. No problem I could see.

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:05 AM

Looks like it was a short temporary hang up. Right now I can get in just fine now. :):):)

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:07 AM

Yup the web is vast....and wird. :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 6:04 AM

And one wonders why ANYBODY in their right mind would depend upon Microsoft! It is only going to get worse as their control grows. Carolly

Questor ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 10:08 AM

Oh yes, Microsoft... hrrm, it's not like Time Warner and AOL are doing anything to destroy the place is it? Or any other company? Nope nope nope, just the big bad Gates crowd...

casamerica ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 12:38 PM

I am not a big fan of Microsoft. However, since the cause of the attack is an incompetently installed SQL server and since MS and numerous security firms have sent out numerous memos and alerts to make users aware of what happens when one does not alter the default name/password, I do not think that MS can be totally blamed for this one. In other words, this particular issue has been well known for quite some time and some people just did not do their homework. If it has not been dealt with, it is the fault of the network manager/administrator if the attack succeeds. But they are still the victim, too. It is the fault of the criminal-terrorists that the attack was initiated. I do wonder what these little b*****ds will do the first time they get arrested under the proposed anti-terrorist legislation. Yep, hackers are considered a class of terrorist. And I have no pity for them.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 1:23 PM

"And one wonders why ANYBODY in their right mind would depend upon Microsoft! It is only going to get worse as their control grows."

How do you get this? Maybe a better lament is why anyone would depend on an incompetent system administrator. But this is the norm, people blame MS when their admin screws up - they blame Outlook when they ignore a warning and say "yes" and so on.

Meanwhile - Apple shipped faulty software with their mp3 player that has a tendency to format end user hard drives and Linux just shipped a kernel with a bug so serious it destroys file systems.

But by all means, blame MS because some admin didn't set a password.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 1:45 PM

Hackers are only considered terrorists under a certain criteria.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.