Mon, Sep 23, 3:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: node selection

paden ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2001 at 10:41 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

Is there an easier way than tabbing through everything in a scene to select a single light or plane? Am I blind? I can't find lights, ground planes trees in the object menu that pops up when you press the little arrow at the bottom of Cryce. It gets kind of old tabbing through 20 different shapes to find a specific light or trying to find a certain plane so you can include it in a group. All of the meshes I import show up on the list. Am I missing a native bryce mesh list somewhere? I am using Bryce 5.

clay ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2001 at 11:38 PM

Have you tried using the control+ click method to bring up the list of objects in the cursor's area? as of right now there is no complete list that will pop up for all the objects in a scene, hopefully the next version will incorporate that.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

hogwardenwork ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 8:00 AM

Yeah, but if they put that in I will have to sit scrolling through the list for half an hour looking for the part I need... like in the MESH list!! (although holding Shift does speed up the scrolling). I usually use the "Ctrl+click" on the objects in the view panel to select individual objects and "Ctrl+Shift+click" to select multiple objects. This is quick and easy.

paden ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 8:18 AM

Ahhh, thanks to both of you, ctrl click was the secret weapon I was looking for. I remember reading about it but had not used it as of yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.