Sun, Sep 22, 2:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 4..

ExploreRPG ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2001 at 11:55 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:42 AM

Attached Link: Explorations v5

Hello.. I have a few questions regarding Poser4. I have Poser4 and I downloaded and installed the update 4.01 (I think) - It was the first update by CuriousLabs. In any case are there any new updates other than that one? What is Poser Pro Pack? I am asking for information on updates because of a technical problem I'm having. I have a Poser figure that is a dwarf. And whenever I apply an animation to him, he lifts off the gound. (Because the original Pose was created on a figure larger than a dwarf.) In anycase, I can fix the problem by hitting Ctrl+D on all the frames. I wanted to know if there was a fix for this. Either to load the Poser correctly, or apply the Ctrl+D to all frames in one motion? Any help would be appreciated.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2001 at 1:51 PM

Let me ask you, when did you get Poser 4? Did you get it from CuriousLabs, because the one they sell is the CD with the latest update. Which is Poser 4.03 Sharen

doozy ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2001 at 2:17 PM

That's the way Poser works. If the animation was done using the "hip" of the figure, then you can fix yours by adjusting the "body" instead, so that he is on the ground. Ctl-D adjusts the hip. [Of course, if the proportions of the dwarf are different than the original model used, he may not stay on the ground as the pose changes...]

ENGELKEN ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2001 at 10:39 PM

You might try edit/memorize figure, with the figure in zero position and on the ground, then save figure to CR2 and bring this new figure in to work with. If you are lucky, this will reset the default for the dwarf and keep him on the ground. Otherwise...you know we ALL float down here. eng

geep ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 1:23 AM

First,
Make sure the "Body" is selected
(shown below pic ---> "Figure 1" -----> "Body")

Now, On the "Window" menu ...
Open the "Graph" window

The upper right hand corner of the "graph" window shows which parameter is being displayed.

Click in the small triangle to pull down a list of the params and select ------> "yTran" ...

Look at the graph and see if there are any "key frames" after frame 1 that changes the "yTran".
If there are, delete all the "key frames" AFTER Frame 1 (which has the correct position that you want)

Now selet the "Hip" and repeat the above process
(shown below pic ---> "Figure 1" -----> "Hip")

cheers,
dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.