Mon, Oct 21, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: the face of MIKE....Exposed......

lalverson ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 4:28 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:04 AM

Attached Link: the DAZ FAQ for mike

I was looking thru the FAQ for the making of mike and saw a cast of the head and the person holding it...coicidence? vanity? a chance at digital imoratallity? http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/answers/michael/making.html

mi-scha ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 4:36 PM

Surely pure coicidence. ;)
Think about it, would you want to have your face on a Poser figure? With the genitals poking through all the clothes?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 4:46 PM

Yes I read that too, very interesting how they did all that, I may just go read it again. Sharen PS: no poser figure from my face, DAZ might have to shut down....LOL

genny ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 4:50 PM

I don't think it was Coincidence.........but who cares? We all can make him what we want to anyways. Heck, he is the president of the company, and maybe he does want his genitals poking through all his clothes..........I won't elaborate on that any futher, better to leave that to ones imagination. LOL! genny

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 5:09 PM

Genny is right. And, victoria is modelled after his wife.

lalverson ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 6:07 PM

Oh, I'm not going there... very very bad...very scary and dark, with cobb webs and little scurring things, that make knashing sounds.... BTW I didn't really mean much by this, i was always of the thought that Mike(and Vicky) looked to specfific, liklke they were people i might run into. but i never thought I'd see that face of a real person...untill today..

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 8:35 PM

Not a coincidence. The resemblence tells the story, blonde hair and all. I guess it's one of the perks of the job.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 8:52 PM

I met Dan at the Game Developer's Conference last year... and knew that I'd seen him before. He is quite good-looking in person, too, with evenly balanced features. At least they chose someone with a decent bone structure to build upon. BTW, he seemed rather modest. Carolly

nfredman ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 8:57 PM

Oh! You didn't know that Dan Farr was Mike's face?! i knew it the first time i saw Dan's picture on the DAZ staff pages. Fun, huh? :^)

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 9:01 PM

I've spoken to Dan on the phone and he's a really nice guy (and I had no idea he was so cute ;). And if you read the whole document, you'll see that the body of Michael is another man's. They hired a male model for the body. Anyway, on the same topic, the new Michael is great! I bought him this morning and I love all the morphs and the great things you can do with him. The best one yet! Melanie

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 9:32 PM

You're right, Melanie. Mike 2 is amazing. Worth the wait. Great work by the whole DAZ team.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 10:26 AM

Nfredman, did you try touching your cursor on the pictures of the DAZ staff? Maybe their true identities exposed? ;) Melanie

danfarr ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 1:44 PM

We'll I have to say that I have always been a little leary about being "a part" of Michael. Fortunately, in actuality it is only the right side of my face (with some artistic license on the part of the modeller, my business partner, Chris Creek). The whole thing started a few years ago when I was the Guinea pig for some plaster caste work we were going to do. Since we already had the face cast done we ended up using it for creating the model.

On another note, Victoria actually was not modelled after my wife. She was created as a composite of several different women (not including my wife). I was going to attach a photo of me and my family but the file was too large and I don't have any photo editing software at home. I may post it up when I get to the office.

Anyway, thanks for being kind in what you have said about me in your posts. I really think that the Poser community is the greatest thing going.

Merry Christmas,

Dan Farr

genny ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 1:56 PM

Thanks for clearing that up! For me, the question was....if "Michael" is modeled after you.........then why is he called "Michael"? His name should have been "DAN"! For me, it doesn't matter, weather he is "Dan" or "Mike"as he is what he is.............and my one and only "TRUE" love is named MIKE, so, all the better for me. (: Genny

nfredman ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 2:20 PM

i was going to mention the rollovers on the staff pics--what a kick! i love them. And yep, you guys are right, Dan Farr is a sweetie. :^)

danfarr ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2001 at 4:20 PM

file_246869.jpg

As promised, here is our family Christmas card photo. As you can see my wife does not look like Victoria (Victoria is my second wife;). I wish everyone a happy holiday.

Dan Farr

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2001 at 8:55 PM

Dan, you have a lovely family. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year to you and your family. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.